addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Houston Unity Group Message Board › Programming/learning meetup

Programming/learning meetup

Eric
Forensicsman
Houston, TX
Post #: 27
I use to help host a programming/learning meetup in San Antonio. I would like to start this up again here in Houston with Unity. What I am looking for is a group of us getting together 1 or 2 time a month (more if it takes off and the interest is there) and just doing something like a Game Jam. All of us can select a category and try and make a game/app whatever we decide together. There needs to be a diverse range of knowledge so people who are not experts in Unity can ask questions and learn from a seasoned Unity veteran(s). If all of us are new to Unity we can still try and make it work and have fun, but I would like to have some seasoned knowledge in the group.

What about game art, music, sound?
This is a learning environment, there is a TON of free assets for art/music on the internet that we can use for whatever project we decide on.

I live on the NW side of Houston and I would like to meetup somewhere within a 30 minute drive from my house. I would rather host the meetup at my house, I personally think the atmosphere is better and the group always was able to learn more and accomplish more in the relaxed environment. Plus, the food and drinks are right there, no need to leave to buy anything, but I will go with what everyone decides on.

I hope I sparked some interest in some of you, if you have any questions please email or call me my name is Eric and my email is forensicsej@gmail.com, phone is 512-791-9237.