What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
On Thursday we are going to try some Eritrean food at Messob in Uppsala (Google maps link).
If you want to join RSVP AND SEND A MESSAGE to the event host by Wednesday 10.00! Otherwise your place will be offered to people from the waiting list!
1. Each participant pays for themselves and for the food they order!
2. Be polite with each other and the restaurant staff!
3. You're responsible for communicating allergies or food intolerance with the restaurant staff.
4. If you don't feel good or have any coronavirus symptoms, please stay at home and don't join this event. Be respectful and don't spread the disease.
5. Eat, chat and enjoy Uppsala!
This even ONLY happens if 10 or more people sign up by 18:00 on Thursday evening. If less than 10 have signed up, the event will be canceled here on Thursday night. Please check back before going to the Pub Friday.
I reserve a table for Friday afterwork drinks. We have the table from 19:00 until the pub closes. You need to sign up here to attend so I can book the table.
We place our orders at the bar and please keep in mind that the pub is a business and since they are making space for us on their busiest night of the week, it is polite to order at least one drink, non-alcoholic is totally fine.
Please communicate with each other via the event comments or ask at the bar for "The Social Group".
Looking for a fun way to get some exercise and make some friends? its your lucky day!
Never played touch before? no problem. Never held a rugby ball before? we can change that - you won't regret it!
Touch rugby is a fast-paced, non-contact version of rugby, making it great for begginers, or those of us (like me) who feel a little bit too old to be getting muddy anymore :) If you've not played rugby at all before: rugby is a game played between 2 teams with an odly shaped ball, which can only be passed backwards. Teams try to score points by getting the ball to the other end of the pitch. Clear as mud, right? Don't worry, I promise it's not complicated, you'll pick it up in no time.
Sessions will consist of a mixture of skills training/drills and then, of course, games.
Just bring footwear suitible for playing on grass, clothes to run around in (think jogging/gym wear) and a sunny disposition.
still got questions? check out the FAQs below:
Who is this for?
Anyone and everyone who wants to play.
I've never played rugby before, is that a problem?
nope. No experience necessary. Touch rugby is a simple game, you'll learn in no time
What is touch rugby?
Wikipedia says: "Touch rugby refers to games derived from rugby football in which players do not tackle each other but instead touch their opponents using their hands on any part of the body, clothing, or the ball...Touch rugby has a number of differences from the traditional games, including its simplicity (it requires very little equipment or goalposts), its ease of learning, and the decreased likelihood of injury. As a result, it is a popular social game"
What equipment do I need?
Just regular exercise clothes. Oh and shoes you can run in. I would reccomend football boots - especially if its a bit wet, as the ground can be a bit slippery with trainers (and we'd really rather you didn't slip and hurt yourself!). You can see the type of gear from the photo above (I should add that this photo was taken AFTER training)
Want to play some badminton and meet some nice people? Then you're in the right place!
Quick links for people who already know everything:
- Price: 80 kr
- Payment: Swish[masked]
- Check your balance: https://bit.ly/usbc-2022
*Become a member: bit.ly/36LUQ7p
Information for people who want to know more:
We are Uppsala Social Badminton Club, a club for people who want to play badminton, and be a bit social. It doesn't matter if you've played for years, or never held a racket before, you'll find a good game and a great time.
Things you definitely need to know:
- We play every Sunday at Fyrisfjärden. When you arrive, tell one of the very friendly people on the counter that you are playing with USB-C. They should be able to direct you to where we are exactly.
- Please sign up (RSVP) to the event if you wish to attend, and sign off if you are unable to make it - this really helps us sort the bookings out.
- It'll cost you 80kr to attend (please speak to us about payment or look at our FAQs below)
- Everyone who is on the attendance list when the RSVP deadline passes will be charged whether they attend or not.
- We are an official club, so if you would like to continue to play with us, we ask you to become a member (its free).
- If you would like to bring a friend (+1) we kindly ask that you become a member of USBC first. Then just PM one of the organisers who will be able to add one for you.
- If you have never played at Fyrisfjärden before, you will also need to join their club. Its very simple and will cost you about 50kr for the year. This is nothing to do with us, but is a requirement to be able to use the facilities.
Oh, and while you're here, why not check out our after-badminton social? Nothing like a nice relaxing beer after sports and a chat with your friends :) Sign up to let others know you're interested.
If you have more questions, please read the FAQs below.
I've never played badminton before, can I still join?
Absolute! Many of our members hit their first shuttle with us
What do I need?
Clothes suitable for exercise, something similar to what you might wear to go jogging. Shoes suitable for indoor use. Bring a racket if you have one, if not, you can hire rackets at the front desk.
What if I can't make it?
Please just sign off from the Meetup event. Note: If you are on the "going" list when the event RSVP closes, you will be charged, whether you attend or not. (we pay for courts in advance, and make booking based on the number of attendees)
How much does it cost?
80kr per person.
How/who do I pay?
Payments are made to the USBC club bank account
Preferably via Swish using this number:[masked]
If you don't have Swish, you can pay in cash, please just ask one of the event organisers.
Can I claim the cost as friskvårdsbidrag?
Yes! please just ask one of the organisers and we can sort out some receipts for you.
I have more questions!
Just ask! send one of our lovely organisers a message, we'd be more than happy to help.