addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Urban Homesteaders' League Message Board Community Announcements › Simple, Sustainable, Urban Homesteading Community

Simple, Sustainable, Urban Homesteading Community

A former member
Post #: 1
I am creating a homesteading community for people who want to live simply, sustainably, and communally, who are excited about doing things like eating mostly local food, growing some of our own food, sprouting, reducing and reusing, biking, composting, using a rainbarrel, creating a graywater system, and also listening to each other and building close connections, overall modeling a better way of living--perhaps eventually working toward things like sharing resources, feeding others, creating zero waste, and finding our way off the grid.

This will be an evolving community; it will look and function a lot like a co-op household at first, although we will be working to be more than that. We will be open to move in a deeper directions, one small step at a time. Here is a chance to try living ideas like permaculture, ecofeminism, and nonviolent communication; a chance to practice creativity and caring; a chance to look at how we could rebuild the world from the ground up.

Details: This will be in a house in Cambridge, near Inman Square, with rooms renting between $600 and $900 a month. We do not have much yard so we will need creativity and imagination. Rooms will be opening through the summer and we will need to have the house full by September 1st. There will be six to eight of us in total, committed to living simply and building community.

About me: I am a 59 yo man with more than twenty years of experience in group living, including both communal and co-op houses. If you are interested or have any questions about the house, you can contact me at johnnp@bostoncoop.net or at 617-388-2891.