addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Announcements and Updates › New Meetup: Survival Food Pot Luck!

New Meetup: Survival Food Pot Luck!

David
DavidKamau
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for Denver's Urban Survival Network!

What: Survival Food Pot Luck!
When: Sunday, May 29, 2011 5:45 PM

Where: Southmoor Park
Hampden and Oneida
Denver, CO 80237

So, a couple days ago I was working with one of my out of state customers over the phone, as we finished up I asked, "Anything else I can do for you today?" she said "Well... can I give you some information?" It was a little strange the way she asked it, but otherwise it didn't seem out of the ordinary, so of course I said sure. She then hesitantly said, "It's about judgment day, the world it going to end March 21st, 2011, can I tell you more?" Now, at this point, as you can imagine, she had me hooked. I was totally into anything she had to say next. I figured that anyone who can be that specific clearly knows something I don't. So, we chatted for a few more minutes and she told me according to the way some groups interpret biblical prophecies, there will be a earthquake that sweeps across the globe destroying the world as we know it signaling the beginning of the end. She gave me a website to check out and advised me I should be prepared.

Now, no matter what I religously believe, there is always that ever looming and ever present 'just in case' that I like to be prepared for, so I figured over the next couple weeks I would get a few last minute preparations together. Though, in the likely event that this doesn't go down on 05/21/11 I think we should meet up the following Sunday, celebrate being alive, salute preparedness, and enjoy the fact that we are all like minded individuals. It will be a great opportunity to compare notes, see how everyone is prepping in their different situations, and just have a good time with good food and good people.

If everyone brings one small dish, I think we will have plenty of food for everyone. Think of something you would prepare in an emergency situation, it will be great practice. It can be cooked with your survival tools, it could be a heated MRE or rehydrated dish, anything home-grown or home-raised, or even just some normal food you typically store. It can be a big meal or a small sample, it's up to you. As always if you are new and just want to come get some ideas feel free to join in the fun without bringing anything. This is going to be a great time to try some new tactics, get some life saving ideas, and interact with some great people. Make sure not to wait, RSVP today as this one is coming up pretty quick!!!

***Idea originally suggested by Professor***

Hey, everyone! Just as an idea, one where it's a little less formal than a class or activity-specific meet-up, how about we just have a regular get-together where we can hang out for an evening, discuss whatever arises and cover other topics? And, just for fun, maybe we could all just bring a single dish made from whatever storage foods we may have on-hand along with a recipe for the dish we bring. Sort of like a PotLuck Get-Together. Just an idea, lemme know what you think!

Check it out!
Mike
Aurora, CO
Post #: 80
I'm bringing BBQ beans!
David
DavidKamau
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 32
I haven't quite decided on the food I'm going to bring yet, but I should have a batch of homemade wine ready just in time :-)
Kathleen C.
user 14481356
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Oooo! Excited for the homemade wine! I can bring some cans of stew. Does anyone prefer vegetarian stew or is meat good for everyone?