addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Announcements and Updates › The Future of the Group: Your Input is Requested

The Future of the Group: Your Input is Requested

A former member
Post #: 7
As I stated in the email to DUSN group members, I am stepping forward as leader of DUSN to see what the membership wants and to see where it (the membership) wants to go and whether it's worth keeping going.

Over the past year, or so, DUSN has not had a lot of Meet-Ups. I would like to change this. I would like to establish a Monthly Meeting schedule for this group. Some of these meetings would be "theme-oriented" with topics and speakers. Others may be more socially-oriented such as the Storage Food Potluck. But the goal I propose is to have one meeting per month on the schedule at some location in Denver.

I will post a tentative schedule through June, within the next week.

As to location, I would like to suggest that the meetings initially coincide with the Tanner Gun Show at the Merchandise Mart at I-25 and 58th Street. Many of our members already attend this gunshow and I have already spoken with both the show owners and the hotel next door to secure a meeting room immediately after the show on Saturday nights for 4 hours. This is NOT permanent unless membership agrees. I would like to move the meeting places around, a bit, as long as we can afford it and find places large enough to hold the group.

The next two Tanner shows are scheduled for December 17-18 and January 28th and 29th. I will be posting a poll for both dates to see who, if any, are interested in attending those.

Likewise, I will be posting a message concerning topics you'd like to see discussed and if you have any suggested speakers (even yourself) or presenters.

Generally, that's enough for now. I don't want to post a giant discussion, just yet, until I gauge the interest of the members.

Ladies and Gentlemen, most of us already are of the belief that the very near future holds a lot of potential for troubling times. That is, I believe, why DUSN was created. Let's see if we can share knowledge, experience, tips and friendship to learn what we need to get through it.

A former member
Post #: 16
While I have never been to a DUSN meetup, we did have a meetup on the North side that dies out also. I think a lot of folks are nervous about meeting others in the prepping area. I would be willing to look at hosting some events on the North/NW side of the Denver area i.e. Longmont, Thornton, etc.
Asatrur
A former member
Post #: 4
I am interested in keeping things going - as a pretty new member there was only one get together that took place in my time with the group (that unfortunately was pretty far south for me) so I havent had the chance to meet with anyone yet.

I like the idea of a regular monthly meeting - its an overwhelming topic so just having a regular time to get together to check in and perhaps cover a specific topic would be great.

The Merch Mart meeting area is a better for me (hopefully that works for other folks as well).

Thanks for stepping up Professor - hopefully we can get on track with some monthly meetings.
Mike
Aurora, CO
Post #: 83
I'm intersted in this group continuing. Did you say there was a poll somewhere?
A former member
Post #: 9
I would be interested however, I'm a transient resident of Denver so I'm likely not to be around. If I settle here in the future, I would be up for getting involved.
A former member
Post #: 6
I'm a long time - back to the woods, survivalist, Y2K'r, prepper. I've lived the lifestyle including using wind and solar, wood burning stoves, bread making, dehydrating, gardening, container, counter and this last year, started raised beds. Oh, also have some dwarf goats for dairy purposes.

I'm interested in seeing this site continue to meet like minded folks and add to my skills and experience. I'm only several blocks from the Denver Merchandise Mart and have e-mailed the Professor I would be willing to host the get together.

Gives us options. Either way look forward to meeting folks. I was at the last Tanner Gun Show at the Mart.

A former member
Post #: 3
I too am interested in keeping this going. there has not been any meetings since I joined. However, I looked up the dates for the Tanner Gun Show and it was last wkend, Dec 3 and 4th. I couldn't find one for the 17th. Please check and let us know about this meeting in Dec. But I will plan to attend the one in Jan.

thank you Professor for stepping up to the plate. I don't know about the other members, but I don't feel like I know enough to lead a group like this. I joined to learn, I am pretty far behind the curve after reading about some of the prep of other members.

I would like to ask if we could consider helping each other. I do not know how to build anything, and would be willing to pay someone who does if they charge reasonable rates. For example, I have plans for a solar oven, but it makes me cross-eyed to look at the plans. Someone else might look at it and say "no sweat". My strength is more in the veggie gardening and canning area. Could help someone interested in canning. I am also checking into how to preserve meat using salt.

Look forward to finally meeting the group.
A former member
Post #: 3
Howdy all,

I meet David last summer and was told about the group then, though I've not been able to make any of the few meetings that have happened. I'm interested in meeting up with folks that would not think I'm NUTS. Professor would the hotel be charging for the use of the room? Look forward to meet you all.

Sy
A former member
Post #: 7
Ann, here is calendar for Tanner - and there is one for the 17th - smile hope to meet you then.

http://www.tannerguns...­

MzM
A former member
Post #: 1
I don't believe there has been a meet-up since I joined and I work Saturday's. I will stay tuned and see where I can participate. Thanks for you effort Professor and everyone else too