It's 2018. Isn't it high time we reckoned with the biggest missing piece in the contemporary UXer's arsenal: a perspective on personalization? Take a peek at one practitioner's playbook—and get a lightning tour of an emerging field of practice before it goes mainstream.
You'll walk away with a newfound appreciation for the increasing centrality of personalized technology and experience, and how much its success relies on the value UXers will, and must, increasingly deliver.
You'll see the quintessentially failtastic ends to which personalization has been put when done poorly, and know to never send a marketer or engineer to do a UXer's job.
• why personalization practice suffers without UX pros
• how your work already verges into personalized experience and tech
• multiple methods for designing for personalization
• all the resources you need to get your team or org started immediately, no matter your budget, ambition or timeline
Come join if you...
• you're a content or design nerd seeking to add a new dimension to your work
• your organization wants you to be more user centric, starting yesterday
• you think personalization is a dated buzzword or (even better) an incurable ethical lapse in our contemporary digital landscape
• you know there's just gotta be a better way of corralling the 2018 bag-of-crazy that is bots, voice, AI, ML, notifications, guerrilla testing, recommenders, growth hacking, and predictive analytics
About the speaker: Jeffrey MacIntyre, Principal of Bucket Studio
An independent content-focused strategy consultant, and avowed information sciences obsessive, Jeffrey works at the crossroads of product development, user experience and information sciences. His independent consultancy, Predicate (http://predicate.co), was founded in 2008. In 2017, based on a run of client work around personalization and content discovery, Jeffrey began Bucket (http://thisisbucket.com/), a consulting and research initiative to provide services, tools and perspective on the unfolding drive toward personalization in digital experience. Clients include the American Museum of Natural History, Arts & Entertainment Television Networks, AutoTrader Group, Best Buy, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Condé Nast Media, Mastercard, NBCUniversal, News Corporation, Philips, Thomson Reuters, Universal Music Group, University of Michigan, Viacom, Vimeo, and Yahoo!
For more information on Bucket (http://thisisbucket.com/):
Bucket on Medium (https://bucket.studio)
Bucket List, a newsletter (http://newsletter.thisisBucket.com)
Bucket Brigade, a future video series (http://bucketbriga.de)
Our goal is to make UXPA DC events accessible to all. We have a number of tickets available to anyone facing financial hardship - just email [masked]
This meetup and presentation is brought to you by UXPA DC, Content Strategy DC and Bucket Studio, and graciously hosted by the wonderful folks at Sapient.
Want to sponsor future events? Email [masked]