SonarQube, https://www.sonarqube.org/, is an open source, language agnostic tool for monitoring the quality of your code base. There are commercial derivatives that provide more enterprise level features, but the base open source version is quite functional. When combined with the open source C/C++ analyzer, https://github.com/SonarOpenCommunity/sonar-cxx, you can create a quality dashboard for your code base.
This month, Richard Thomson will give us an introduction to SonarQube and walk us through the process of installing and configuring SonarQube for a C++ project. Some of the topics will include:
* How to integrate SonarQube with your version control system
* How to integrate SonarQube with your bug tracker
* How to integrate external analysis tools like cppcheck, clang static analysis, etc.
* How to integrate custom checks, such as searching your code base for TODO comments representing hidden technical debt
* How to explore code trends over time
Food will be provided, so please RSVP for an accurate head count.