When creating a portable build for your application, you will often be faced with minor variations between compilers and platforms in the different build environments. This month, Richard Thomson will show us how to cope with these environment variations with the best practices in CMake. Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Testing for C++ language versions (C++98, C++11, C++14, C++17, etc.)
- Testing for C++ language features
- Testing for specific functions
- Testing for specific headers
- Testing for specific libraries
Food will be provided, so please RSVP for a proper head count.