addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vermont Coders Connection Message Board › VTdotNET: We have a Surface RT available for Windows Store App Testing

VTdotNET: We have a Surface RT available for Windows Store App Testing

Julie L.
user 40380122
Group Organizer
Huntington, VT
Dear VTCoders,
I wanted to let you know that Microsoft has provided a Surface RT computer to allow us to test out any Windows Store apps that you may be developing if you don't have a Windows 8 touch enabled device at your disposal. The RT is a tablet-only operating system. While it comes with Office pre-installed, the *only* apps that can be installed onto it are those which come through the Windows Store, not regular Windows apps. So this isn't something you can use to write apps, just test them.
Unfortunately, I live and work in Huntington, so getting it into your hands will be tricky but we can work something out.
This Surface did not come with a keyboard (now made famous by those ads about clicking and dancing during your company meetings). Let me know if you need access to it and we'll figure something out.
Julie