We are over 50, Fun and Active, and Looking for new adventures, activities and friends to get out and play with. This group Welcomes All Men and Women with the only requirement being Over age 50. Singles and Couples Are WELCOME!
We try to hold 3 to 4 activities each month. Some ideas we may explore are new restaurants, paint nights, music and food festivals, day trips to the city, the coast and the Mountains, ballgames, game nights, kayaking, hiking, wine tasting, casinos, dinner and a movie, bowling, golf driving ranges, live theater, music venues, art galleries, museums and travel, etc. etc, etc. We are open to any and all suggestions from members. All ideas are welcome and encouraged. Life is so short! Let's go make some new friends and great memories.
Regarding Pets and children. While we love both, this is a social group for adults over 50. Our events are not suitable to either pets or children. For liability reasons please do not bring them to our events.
Please make sure that your profile has a picture of YOU! And Please RSVP and Participate. This group will succeed if members actively participate in events. Members inactive for more than 6 months will be deleted.
Be sure to check the Event on the day of in case of any changes or cancellations. Events with low participation may be cancelled on short notice.
In order to help defray any Meetup costs, a $1 contribution per person per event is greatly appreciated. AND, If you are carpooling to an event Please be sure to compensate your Driver for Gas. Suggested contribution to drivers will be stated in the information of each event.
NO SHOW POLICY: Please have the courtesy to change your RSVP if your plans change and you cannot attend an event. Myself and others will be looking for you and wondering where you are. Also, some events require reservations and the businesses we have booked with are expecting a certain number of people. No one likes to be stood up. No Shows may result in termination of group membership.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY INFORMATION: By joining this group, RSVP'ing to events, and attending events, you are confirming that you have read, understand and accept the following:
1. Attending events held by Vacaville Over 50 Socializers is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with us is at your own risk.
2. By joining Vacaville Over 50 Socializers as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Vacaville Over 50 Socializers, its organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and to other persons (as your guests) who may accompany you in these endeavors.
3. You also agree that while participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, co-organizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
· 4. Vacaville Over 50 Socializers may hold events involving a variety of different activities. These events can be dangerous and pose a risk to Vacaville Over 50 Socializers members and guests. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety.
· 5. Any social events that Vacaville Over 50 Socializers sponsors and holds will fall also under the same Disclaimer and Liability guidelines listed above.