addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network Message Board › What would be a good iOS Mobile Developer salary for someone with this skill

What would be a good iOS Mobile Developer salary for someone with this skill set in Vancouver?

Thomas
user 78181462
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Hi there,

I'm thinking to moving to Vancouver and would like to know what to expect in terms of salary and offers for my occupation.

I'm a iOS mobile developer with about 7 years of programming experience and 4+ years with iOS & OSx development. I have a University Bachelors' degree in Computer Science obtained in 2008. My portfolio includes a lot of titles available in the app store and at least 3 of those titles are for very big US brands.

Now as far as I can see there is a demand of iOS developers right now in the Vancouver area.

The salaries I found online are listed as: $91,000 (indeed.com), $65,000 - $90,000 (on payscale, based on experience), $80,000 (salary.com, intermediate level).

Now my questions are these:

1. What would a person with my skill set be considered in Vancouver: entry-level, intermediate or senior?

2. Based on what you know are the numbers I've found online pretty accurate or are they exaggerated?

3. In case you're in the recruiting area or can respond to this: What would be a fair offer for someone with that profile? (assuming that the description is objective)

Thank you for your time and looking forward to see some opinions.

Cheers!