What we’re about
"Learn by Practice". Join us to learn and practice AI, Machine learning, Deep learning and Data Science technology together with like-minded developers.
Our goal is to congregate with AI enthusiasts from all over Vancouver to learn and practice AI tech, through tech talks, study jams, code labs etc.. we regularly invite tech leads from innovated companies, successful startups to share their practice experiences and practices in the world of AI, Cloud, Data.
Due to the Covid-19, we have moved all our meetup events online: https://www.aicamp.ai/event/events
If you’d like to speak at future meetups, co-promote your meetup or inquire about partnership opportunities, please feel free to reach out to us (info AT aicamp DOT ai)
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Workshop: A Hands on Journey into Cloud-Native SecurityLink visible for attendees
**** RSVP to receive joining link here: https://www.aicamp.ai/event/eventdetails/W2024022309
Participants of the workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion.
If you are looking to implement real time detection of unexpected behaviors, configuration changes and intrusions so you can stop attacks, then this is the workshop for you. Join this hands-on educational workshop to learn about runtime security and get up and running on Falco, the open-source standard for threat detection across Kubernetes, containers, hosts, and the cloud.
This session is for practitioners that are new to cloud-native and want to expand their knowledge of this dynamic area of security. We will introduce you to the concepts so you have the basics, but mostly you will be working on hands-on labs so you learn the tool and can implement it in your environment tomorrow.
Community on Slack/Discord
- Event chat: chat and connect with speakers and attendees
- Sharing blogs, events, job openings, projects collaborations
- Join Slack/Discord (link is at the bottom of the page)
- AI Seminar (Virtual): PyData for LLMs and Generative AILink visible for attendees
*** RSVP to receive joining link here: https://www.aicamp.ai/event/eventdetails/W2024022815
In the next fireside chat, Hugo will speak with Simon Willison, creator of Datasette, an open-source tool for exploring and publishing data, co-creator of Django, member of the PSF Board, LLM aficionado, coiner of the term “prompt injection”, and an active poster on Hacker News.
Simon is excited about how software can help everybody automate tasks in their work and daily lives, whether they have CS degrees or not. In this conversation, Simon and Hugo will talk about how LLMs, among other GenAI models, have this promise but have not delivered on it yet, and how they can in the future. They’ll cover:
- What LLMs currently are and aren’t capable of;
- The rapidly evolving ecosystem, that already allows us to run LLMs on our laptops and smartphones!
- How Simon thinks about democratizing data tools, such as with his Datasette and LLM projects;
- How the Unix philosophy, Python programming language, and LLMs can be combined into a productivity superpower that everyone can leverage.
- And much more. This will include technical dives into many of these topics and we’ll even have a live coding intro to Simon’s LLM Cli utility and Python library!