Update August 7th 2014
36 hours before the event and a few items worth highlighting:
- The schedule has been updated: http://www.fullindiesummit.com/sched
- We have a poster version of said schedule: www.fullindiesummit.com/schedule-poster (http://www.fullindiesummit.com/schedule-poster/). It looks awesome.
- Over 500 tickets sold!
Looking for something to do after the Summit? There are two parties for you to attend.
- Official Full Indie Summit After Party - Presented by ATA and ESG! (Update: The party is now full with a wait list, please arrive early for your seat. Due to the demand there will be no tickets at the door. See you there!)
- Chartboost Connect Vancouver - Official Summit After Party - Presented by Chartboost and IGDA (link to event page (http://cboo.st/1o7UJDK))
See you this weekend.
Update August 3rd 2014
Less than one week until Full Indie Summit!
The schedule is now available (http://www.fullindiesummit.com/sched): we will kick things off at 9:30AM on Saturday while the doors of the venue will open at 8:30AM. As a reminder, the Summit will be held at the Stanley Theater (http://bit.ly/1zLrYR0) on the corner of Granville and West 11th Avenue.
A few important reminders:
- Please, do not forget your ticket!
- Also please do not discard the ticket - it will be required to re-enter the venue throughout the weekend.
- Light snacks and beverages will be available at the venue, but cannot be brought to the seating area: they must be consumed in the lobby.
- The same applies to drinks from the outside: you won't be able to bring a coffee in the seating area, even if you need the caffeine to survive the early start.
We are looking forward to see you this weekend!
Update July 29th 2014:
Less than two weeks until Full Indie Summit, but we still have big news updates for you! First, Valve will be joining us: presenters Aaron Leiby and Chet Faliszek will give a talk on Virtual Reality, followed by what will prove to be a fascinating Q&A session. You don't want to miss out on the latest VR info from Valve, so if you haven't gotten your ticket yet, get it now:http://www.fullindiesummit.com.
After a gruelling day talking about games, you are invited to relax- join East Side Games (@eastsidegames @ESGindiepower) and A Thinking Ape (@athinkingape) for their After Party at 5:30 p.m. You will need a separate ticket for this event, so please reserve your spot at the following address: http://bit.ly/1t9RZbM.
Note: this event requires a ticket that can be purchased through http://www.fullindiesummit.com or http://bit.ly/1zdi0sp .
The Full Indie Summit 2014 is coming up and we are excited to announce that PlayStation, Unity Technologies, Indie Fund and Vlambeer will be among the great line up of speakers presenting at the event.
Join 600 other indies on August 9th and 10th for two days of inspiring presentations, parties and networking.
Last year’s sold out conference offered great opportunities for attendees: several games went on to achieve great critical and commercial success, including making their way onto PlayStation and being featured in press conferences and at E3. We hope to see even more success stories this year, with PlayStation, Unity Technologies, and more (to be announced) available during the event to meet with you.
Finally, continuing the tradition of last year, there will also be giveaways, including a chance to win a Unity3D Pro license!
Details on some of the Summit talks coming soon! In the meantime, visit the site for additional information: www.fullindiesummit.com, including the entire list of speakers announced so far.
Here is the link to get your ticket: http://bit.ly/1zdi0sp
Some Speaker Highlights:
- Rami Ismail, self-described as the developer and business guy at Vlambeer, will be sharing some of his immense knowledge behind a non-stop string of hits including Ridiculous Fishing, Super Crate Box, Nuclear Throne and Luftrausers.
- Alec Holowka on the technology used in "Night in the Woods."
- Nick Suttner, indie champion at Sony PlayStation.
- Daniel Cook, Chief Creative Officer at Spry Fox, about "Narrative Legos."
- John Polson, Indie-Fund.com game scout, sharing secrets to successfully marketing your game.