This is a support group; bringing together people in the Vancouver BC area interested in the Low-Carb High-Fat, Ketogenic and Carnivore diets for nutrition, weight loss, fitness, disease, disorders, or general health and wellbeing.
This is not a sales pitch or for-profit group. We have a passion for these diets, like to share our journey, and love to hear about others.
Welcome to the Vancouver low-carb, keto and carnivore Meetup group! We are delighted to give you a warm welcome to this community.
Our mission is to build a community that nurtures the health and wellness of our members by promoting low carbohydrate omnivorous and animal-based diets in a supportive, safe and friendly environment. To that end, we will endeavour to align our words and actions with that purpose. These guidelines should not only help you understand how to participate in this community, but also what to expect from others in this community.
In this community, we value:
• Respectful communication: if you disagree with someone, do so respectfully. Be courteous and friendly in your communication with others.
• Critical thinking and evidence over dogma: if you have a strong opinion about something, please provide evidence to share with the group.
• Listening: please allow others to speak without interrupting.
Sales and Promotions
Also, members and guests wishing to sell or promote any products or services are restricted only to products and services that relate to low-carb diets or health and lifestyle. The promotion of any of these products or services must be approved by administration prior to the meeting, and promotions are to be made only at the end of the meeting.
The following behaviour represents grounds for immediate removal from the group:
• Aggressive or disrespectful behaviour, including shouting or raising one’s voice, making personal attacks on another member, or ridiculing or insulting another member.
• Intolerance: making comments that are sexist, racist or discriminatory in nature.