Whether you’re new to Canada yourself or you’ve migrated your company with you, the landscape can be confusing, and at times treacherous, when navigating a new market and culture. This event is designed to help you understand not only how to enter Canada as a startup, but also how to expand beyond our borders into markets such as the US or even Asia. If you’re coming into Canada or heading beyond our borders, this is the event for you!
Ask your startup legal questions to local experts, and get informed answers. What is the most appropriate type of company to start? How do you deal with cofounders, initial team members and employees? What agreements should you have in place when you start, and what pitfalls should you avoid?
>> Speakers include:
- Christian Gauthier (Partner , Bennet Jones)
- Todd Embley (COO, HORIZONthree)
- Casey Lau (Head of Asia, RISE (Web Summit)
- Robert Delmar (Business Advisor, Bull Run Capital)
>> Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in incorporating an early-stage company
- Anyone that wants an understanding of basic corporate law
- Anyone who has questions about incubator/accelerator legal agreements
>> What are some of the Topics?
- When should you incorporate your company
- What are the steps to incorporate a business
- What agreements should you understand as a founder
- How do you handle cofounders, team members and employees
>> `>> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/214766/meetup
This event is sponsored by the Founder Institute startup accelerator. Founder Institute provides a step-by-step program that gives startup founders the structure, mentor support, and network of entrepreneurs they need to start an enduring company. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems worldwide.
If you have any feedback on this event, please let us know at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fi-events
Also, remember to sign up for our Founder Insight mailing list to receive exclusive startup training videos and articles every Monday and Thursday: http://fi.co/subscribe