This Meet Up has a lot to do with Bitcoin. For those not yet familiar, here is some information: http://www.weusecoins.com/en/
Welcome to CoinFest, the world's first decentralized currency convention! The convention itself is held at multiple venues in Vancouver and around the world participating simultaneously, with Edmonton and Winnipeg confirmed so far (and more pending). CoinFest is kept in the public domain, and anybody may start a CoinFest, so long as they abide the following rules:
CoinFest is intended to incentivize cryptocurrency adoption, and as such cannot be held at venues which do not support alternative currency, barring extreme circumstances. CoinFest International does does not possess a fiat bank account. CoinFest is donation-driven and serves as an educational tool to the public, and so CoinFest organizers are forbidden to charge admission to guests. We hope to foster innovation by introducing new technology to the mainstream.
CoinFest was founded in Vancouver, and the Vancouver edition should be the biggest one for the convention upcoming. It will last for two days, and consist of a series of events such as:
• The CoinFest Art/Trade Show and Media Hall (250 Smithe), where artwork and other goods will be available for purchase with alternative currency (and many of them currency-themed). Wallet set-up demos and virtual games will be held, as well as livestream interviews.
• The CoinFest Currency and Commodity Exchange (654 Nelson), to be held at Doolins, which will accept Bitcoin using Coinos. Here you can buy, sell and trade bitcoins, litecoins, feathercoins, Seed Stock, Trade Dollars, Sovereigns, precious metal coins, and more!
• The CoinFest Hardware and Mining Demonstration (900 Howe), held at the Waves Coffee House where Bitcoiniacs (who generously sponsored this event) brought the world's first Bitcoin ATM. Free Geek will show off some hardware, and Bryan Hellard from Newnote will show off mining equipment alongside CryptoThinkTank.
• The CoinFest Game Room (616 Robson), which includes Bitcoin poker free-rolls, video game contests with Bitcoin prizes, a booth by CryptØYouth, and ESV Organizer Jeff Tay, who will be holding a game (with Bitcoin prizes) that tasks guests with visiting as many Bitcoin venues/stores as they can! It will be held at the world's first Indian restaurant/bar to accept Bitcoin.
• The CoinFest Currency Conference (500 Granville), to be hosted by the Simon Frasier Bitcoin Club at the Segal building. It will be slightly more professional in style, and include notable speakers like Anthony Di Iorio and Vitalik Buterin. This will last most of the day, with a break for lunch. We have seating for a couple hundred.
You can RSVP for each CoinFest event on the Bitcoin Cooperative's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincoop/events. All things related to CoinFest around the world are linked to from the International Hangout at https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cjquh1sfa8q8vddelle7co2tl0k, where we will hold a virtual event. Find out more at http://www.coinfest.org/