Women Talking WordPress is a workshop for women who are thinking about speaking at WordPress events, such as WordPress Meetup and WordCamp. The focus of the workshop will be to help generate topics to give a talk on, boost your speaking confidence, and allow you to practice speaking in a safe space. At the end of the workshop you will have a few ideas for talks, an outline on one topic, and a chance to practice speaking in a small group.
***You do NOT have to have any experience in public speaking. This workshop is for all levels of experience. The session will be a small group of max 20 ppl.
(All proceeds go back to the workshop and meetup group)
This workshop is for you if:
• You identify as female
• You’ve thought about getting up there at Meetup or WordCamp but haven’t been able to think of a topic
• You want to get comfortable speaking at The Network Hub (where WordPress Meetups are held)
This workshop is NOT for you if:
• You identify as male (Sorry, dudes. If this goes well, a more generalized workshop could be in the works.)
• If you don’t think it matters that there are very few female speakers at WordPress events
• Why speak at WordPress events? Why do we need more women speaking at them?
• Dispelling some myths about speakers/speaking
• Content generation exercise
• Creating a talk outline
• Practice giving a short talk
The workshop is organized by Jill Binder, Kate Moore, and Vanessa Chu.