addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective Message Board Vancouver Roleplayers Collective Discussion Forum › Star Wars: Saga Edition - Legacy Era (Langley)

Star Wars: Saga Edition - Legacy Era (Langley)

Steve M.
user 20306311
Maple Ridge, BC
Post #: 8
Greetings,

I am interested in potentially running a Star Wars: Saga Edition game that could very well become the things of legend, epic in scope. I am intending on using the Legacy era, and my balance of game should fall between the "Blast 'Em All" and "Immersive Storytelling" variety. There's plenty of action, but there's also a plot line and interaction between heroes and non-heroic characters. Players develop their heroes, but they're eager to get into fights as well . The "in between" style provides a nice mixture of roleplaying encounters and combat encounters.

If you are familiar with Star Wars Saga Edition, then you should be familiar with the concept of Destiny and Destinies, these will be heavily utilized and discussed during character generation, they will not fall by the wayside and it will be up to the player to fully work into their character, do not leave it to me to handle your destiny, I already have much to deal with behind the scenes and you won't like it If you are NOT familiar with Destiny for some reason, then it can be explained to you.

If discussed and wholly agreed by all players at the table, I am not above running the group as potential Darksiders, however be aware of the pitfalls that entails.

The following items are among the key elements of the Legacy era that all players should know before starting the campaign.

The Legacy era begins some 130 years after the Battle of Yavin.
The Galactic Empire rules the galaxy, imposing the same conditions that the Empire did under Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader.
The Empire is, in turn, ruled over by the Sith. Sith Lords can be found throughout the galaxy and are feared everywhere they go.
The current Emperor is Darth Krayt, a tyrannical man garbed in massive armor.
The deposed Emperor, Roan Fel, leads an Empire-in-exile, opposing the Sith-ruled Empire with many of the same resources and troops.
The Jedi have been hunted nearly to extinction, and a bounty on the heads of the Jedi keeps them on the run and in hiding.

Interested players will note the above and create characters with those guidelines in mind. There are ways to bring a character from the past into the Legacy era, if it fits with the game in general such as Carbonite Freezing, which most should be familiar with or the less known way is to be brought forth in an Oubiliette, which is an ancient Sith device that resembles a large, elaborate sarcophagus. Any creature inside the oubiliette when it is sealed is effectively put into stasis. Very few of these devices exist; despite their rarity, they serve as a great way to bring heroes forward from the past into the Legacy era. Yet even more ways exist to bring characters forward...

This is the basics, if you are interested please feel free to contact me by replying here or via PM on the site here. I havent discussed starting level for a reason as I would like to figure out the consensus of the players; other details as to how frequently the game happens and what day will be discussed if there is more than a modicum of interest.