What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Starting in Lauder, this is a 50 mile loop through varied Borders countryside. including moorland, woods and rolling hills. The route is based on the shorter version of the annual 'Tour de Lauder' charity ride.
**It's not that hilly! ** There are a couple of biggish hills, one just after leaving Lauder in the morning, and the other after passing through Stow in the afternoon. The entire route is on surfaced roads.
Average speed will be around 12-13 mph. No one will be left to ride on their own.
Distance: 50 miles. Height gain: 3,900 ft.
Be ready to ride at 10:00 a.m.
B6362 Stow road, near the corner of A68, Lauder and B6362 Stow Road.
Directions and parking
- Heading south on the A68, turn right into the B6362 Stow Road.
- After you've entered B6362 Stow Road, there is roadside parking on your left.
- I will aim to get there early, so look out for a dark blue VW van.
The Avenue, Lauder, open from 9 a.m. Coins required.
The lunch stop will be Caddon View cafe, Innerleithen (coffee, soup, toasties, etc.) It is around 25 miles into the ride,
Bring snacks and water bottles as usual.
- If the weather forecast is poor, the ride will not go ahead
- If you have to cancel for other than something totally unforeseen, please do so as soon as possible so that someone else might be able to take your place
- If you have any questions, please message me:[masked]
- I will message participants a few days prior to the ride
- If you have lights for your bike please bring them in case there's a delay getting back
- Please make sure you have emergency contact details in your phone or bike bag, or both
By signing up and participating in this run, you agree that for safety, courtesy and cycling etiquette reasons you will have read the guidance and good cycling notes for group riding as described in:
a. VeLothian Member Responsibilities.
b. VeLothian Group Rides Guidance and Basic Etiquette.
c. VeLothian Warning Calls and Hand Signals for Group Riding
These are pinned to the Message Board under the 'More' tab.
A relatively short ride - just under 40 miles, starting and finishing in Haddington and heading out to the back roads of the east side of East Lothian. Some hilly terrain and challenging in bits, but the climbs are rewarded with some beautiful views and some lovely countryside. That far out, there are not many options for coffee stops, though a detour to Gifford on the way back might be possible. But take enough food and drink for the ride.
Road bikes only. The slowest will always be waited upon.
I can share the gpx if anyone wants it. Route here: https://www.komoot.com/tour/935067232?share_token=apdg5kjzuzvw5VH4Jr742uXUh2ycTcbHNrTYwVRzzXrC9YB0OT&ref=wtd
Distance: 40 miles
Bike: Road bike.
Minimum speed - around 13-14mph
By signing up and participating in this run, you agree that for safety, courtesy and cycling etiquette reasons, you will have read the guidance and good cycling practice notes for group riding as described in:
- VeLothian Member Responsibilities.
- VeLothian Group Rides Guidance and Basic Etiquette
- VeLothian Warning Calls & Hand Signals for Group Riding
These are pinned to the Message Board under the “More” tab.