What we’re about
Vegan Community of Eastern Iowa participants have a shared commitment to enhance people's health, minimize animal suffering, and decrease humans' impact on planet Earth.
Our mission is to create opportunities for local area vegans and vegetarians (and anyone on a path to a plant-based lifestyle) to enjoy one another's company, have stimulating conversations, feel affirmed in their lifestyle choices, nosh on excellent food together, and support organizations in promoting vegan values.
Below is a list of websites that may be of interest to you. The Facebook pages in particular are a way to interact with other vegans during this time.
Vegan Community of Eastern Iowa: https://www.facebook.com/vegancommunityofeasterniowa
VegLife Des Moines: https://www.facebook.com/veglifedesmoines
Des Moines Area Vegan Friends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/921366527909491
Vegans of Iowa: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VegIowa
Cedar Rapids IA Vegetarians and Vegans: https://www.facebook.com/groups/917824538229210
Cedar Valley Vegans: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cedarvalleyvegans
FB Restaurants (local):
Trumpet Blossom Cafe, Iowa City: https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetBlossomCafe
Rawlicious, Cedar Rapids: https://www.facebook.com/rawliciousCR
Vegan Community of Eastern Iowa: https://www.veganeasterniowa.org/
VegLife Des Moines: https://veglifedesmoines.org/
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA): https://www.peta.org/
North American Vegan Society: https://navs-online.org/
Dr. Michael Greger: https://nutritionfacts.org/
American Vegan Society: https://americanvegan.org/
Vegan Society: https://www.vegansociety.com/
Veg News: https://vegnews.com/
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: https://www.pcrm.org/
Veg Events: https://www.vegevents.com/weeklyagenda
Cadry’s Kitchen: https://cadryskitchen.com/
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Vegan Community of Eastern Iowa - Very Merry Holiday Celebration - OryzaOryza Asian Cuisine & Bar, Iowa City, IA
The North Liberty Community center is unavailable in December so we are going to have "a very merry dine out" at Oryza (Asian Cuisine). Please mark your calendar for Sunday December 17th. They are located at 5 Sturgis Corner Drive, Iowa City.
Oryza is very vegan friendly. The owner even printed us a quick reference menu of some favorites. If you are a regular and want your favorite, not listed, you can still order it. I will include a photo of the menu and also his QR code to explore more. Most of their dishes are low oils and they also try to accommodate special diets.
- If you make a reservation but find you will be unable to attend, please change your reservation to "Not Going."
We will be observing the following COVID-19 guidelines:
- Please stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, etc.), are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, of if you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- We will be collecting attendee information (names, phone number, email address) to facilitate COVID contact tracing if needed.
- Public interaction carries a risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other illness. Participants assume the risk upon sign in and attendance. Vegan Community of Eastern Iowa will not be responsible in the event of exposure to COVID-19, illness or other health risks.
- To make an informed decision about your COVID-19 risk, we encourage you to read the following guidance from the Johnson County Health Department.
Questions? contact Host Carolyn Howe on Meetup.