We are an easy-going group of people who enjoy events such as moderate to advanced hikes, bike riding, volleyball, boating followed by a bite to eat or drinks. I like keeping it pretty diverse. This is our philosophy:
1. We do things as a group. I accommodate people coming and typically give my cell# in advance. I don't print name tags for people, no meetup sign, sign-in check-lists or silly shit like that. You come to an event, we act like friends hanging out. Independence in social situations is encouraged.
2. We're not a singles group. You can be single or paired. Or find someone in the group to pair up with, it's your business. I just don't promote the group as a *singles group* and a lot of us don't want the stigma.
3. We don't like no shows or last minute cancellations. Neither do you when it's on your time.
4. We encourage members to join who have jobs, hobbies and a life. Having a diverse set of activities makes the environment conducive for the right mix of people. Some events just require a little more advanced planning and some effort.
5. We encourage members to sign-up according to their skill level. I'll let people know when an event isn't for beginners, if it is or how they should prepare for it. Some members are more physically fit than others and better suited for a particular activity. Know your limitations.
6. Anyone in the group can email me a suggestion! It's mostly about socializing, so feel free to suggest wine tasting, happy hour, bike riding, archery, surfing or whatever strikes your fancy! I keep an open mind.