Vim Lightning Talks!!!
Come out to Hashrocket Chicago and share your love of Vim. This Meetup is wide open, and we'd love to get some new people to speak. These will be short (5-10 minutes) talks on any Vim-related subject.
- Debugging VimScript (Dorian Karter)
- Vim and Ergonomics (David Colgan)
- Vim and Python Integration using the vim-ipython Plugin (J Coleman)
- Key Commands in Vim-Rails (Paul Haddad)
- Vim Script Searching (Jake Worth)
Possible talk ideas:
- Your Vim setup
- Features of your favorite plugin
- Tips & Tricks
- .vimrc must-haves
- Vim Golf Challenges
- Vim regex
- Different Vim versions
- How you use Vim at work or on a side project
Your idea doesn't need to be fully formed; contact us to help develop it into a short talk. Speaking is a great way to develop your ideas and presentation skills. Check out this website for tips and encouragement:
Complete with pizza, beer and soft drinks, vinyl record playing, and text powning fun.
We need speakers!
Official site: http://vimchi.com (http://vimchi.com/)
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vimchi
Submit talk ideas here: https://github.com/jonallured/vimchi.com/wiki/Talk-Proposals
Join the VimChi Slack channel! (contact organizers for details)