addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Volleyball (beginner/intermediate) casual Message Board › Future of volleyball!

Future of volleyball!

Mary S.
user 63649242
Group Organizer
Salt Lake City, UT
Hello all!  We have 151 members in our intermediate volleyball drop-in group.

We've had some great games together.  We started this group because it seemed that all other volleyball groups had requirements like being single or were at a more advanced level of play than we are comfortable with.  I appreciate the good sportsmanship and willingness to include everyone on the part of those who have attended.  Thank you so much!

That being said, our attendance has been low the past few weeks, and we didn't have enough last night to actually play.  I wanted to check in with you all and see what you would like for the future of this group.  Are you still interested in coming?  Is there some feedback you have for me?

I have a couple options to propose, but if you have other ideas, please let me know.

It is also possible that people can join us from the NorthWest Rec Center web site which lists Thursday as a volleyball drop-in night.  So some people may show up without signing up on Meetup.  https://slco.org/nort...­

Option 1.  Let's keep going, I want to play volleyball!  Any night we get 6 or more besides us signed up on Meetup (for at least 8 players), Ray and I will be there a few minutes before 7:00 to make sure the net is up and we'll bring our purple squishy ball.  When we are there, we like to keep the level of play casual.  I'll check the sign ups and put up a comment by Thursday afternoon if we decide not to be there or the attendance looks too low.

Option 2. Just be free form.  See who shows up.  Meet in the front lobby so you don't have to pay if the game doesn't happen.  When enough people arrive who want to play, just ask the front desk to set up the net at that point.  The advantage of this one is if you prefer a more advanced level of play, you all can vote on the spot together and you don't have to worry about the Meetup sign ups.

Option 3. Open up the Meetup group and add anyone who has the desire to be an organizer.  You can schedule your own meetups in different locations and for whatever level of play you want.  Just let me know you want to be an Assistant Organizer and I can give you access to schedule your own meetups.

These options are not mutually incompatible.  Perhaps all three would work for us going forward.   In any case, unless we get enough people (8) signed up each week on Meetup, Ray and I may not be there.  Whoever shows up can always get the desk to pull out the net.  Remember to put away the net when done playing.

Please let me know what you think and how you would like this group to move ahead.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Mary S.