This is for anyone that who enjoy having a great time while supportingf a local Chicago non-profit!
Our Mission: Blessons for Women provides free mentorship and educational workshops for all women, in addition to scholarships to disadvantaged, low-income women who are 25 years or older and who have had their higher education interrupted due to challenging life lessons such as; cancer, mental health conditions, physical or emotional abuse, sex trafficking or who are first generation female immigrants.
Our Vision: Blessons is a catalyst for transforming and empowering the lives of women who have a vision to succeed inspite of obstacles.
Our Values: We believe that:
• Women need to be treated with dignity, respect and honesty,
• Women deserve to be happy and healthy,
• Women should be empowered and self-sufficient,
• Women should explore and develop their spiritual side,
• Women deserve to learn and work together to develop their SOCIAL, SPIRITUAL and ECONOMIC POTENTIAL.
• Intercultural exchanges, break down stereotypes, expand horizons and raise consciousness,
• If you educate a Woman you educate a Family,
• Community is essential to personal growth and in fostering women as agents of change.
Blessons mission is meant for those women who have a vision to succeed in spite of obstacles.The most important aspect for many women is their family. This is especially true if they happen to be older women. For ladies who have taken time to raise a family either before they entered college or sometime after they did, returning to school to better themselves and their job prospects can become expensive in a hurry. One of the main reasons why many non-traditional female students cannot finish is due to experiencing challenging life lessons including financial hardship. Scholarships for returning students are in need and not many exist.
Stay tuned for our meet up announcements for our upcoming volunteer opportunities where we volunteer and receive donations on behalf of Blessons Scholarships for Women.