What we're about
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS GROUP, PLEASE MESSAGE THE ORGANIZER PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP
THIS GROUP WILL TAKE YOU AROUND THE WORLD!
“WORLDLY FRIENDS IN TUCSON” is a group of individuals with vast, interesting and colorful worldly experiences. Each member brings in many fascinating stories. During our Meet-Up’s, we will look forward to exchanging those stories, and sharing exciting life events over a toast, a laugh, a tale…
THIS IS NOT A TRAVEL, EXPAT OR INTERNATIONAL THEME GROUP
WE DO, HOWEVER, SEEK WELL TRAVELED, EDUCATED, SOPHISTICATED MEMBERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, WHO APPRECIATE LUXURY AND REFINED THINGS IN THEIR LIFESTYLE, AND ENJOY TALKING ABOUT THEM!
Thus, individuals in search of "worldly things", as opposed to "spiritual things". Something beyond hitchhiking, thorn jeans, backpacking, street food and hostels!
OUR MEMBER PROFILE:
WORLDLY FRIENDS IN TUCSON admits adults over 40 years of age
Have you gone to different continents, blended among the crowds and tried different cuisines…watched a Flamenco Show in Seville and listened to an Italian Opera in Milan before you strolled to the Louvre…Did you snorkel off Bora Bora? Did you try to make a reservation at a Michelin star restaurant 4 months in advance? Did you dress up in other than shorts and sneakers when you got there and, how was the food?
Yes? Then, welcome to the group WORLDLY FRIEND, and you can tell us what else you did
Please note that this is not a "couples' group". Both partners have to meet the criterion of membership individually, and apply separately. The membership of one partner does not automatically include the other one or enable his / her participation into the events
OUR MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES:
• YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS FREE FROM ANY FEES
• Membership questionnaire must be filled up IN DETAILS prior to admission. "One Word / Short / Sloppy" replies do not qualify
• Membership is open to those who live in TUCSON and its nearby areas only. PART-TIME RESIDENTS WILL NOT QUALIFY
• We would all like to be among fun people who fit into this group. We will be selective in who we admit, and the Organizer will limit the total number of members that will be admitted
• This group encourages a reasonably active membership with participation into the Meet – Up events
• The Organizer will have the right to terminate the membership of any member, at any time and without notice or explanation
OUR MEET-UP EVENTS:
THE GROUP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE IS TO SIT TOGETHER OVER DRINKS AND FOOD, HAVE FUN, GREAT CONVERSATION AND PLEASURABLE INTERACTION
• The Group’s official Meet – Up language is English
• Meet – Up events are open to members only
• Events will be scheduled during off work hours and held in enjoyable, reasonably priced settings located in various areas around Tucson
• The events will have an initial limit in the number of attendees in order to make the most out of them and have a pleasant, relaxing experience. Remarks by members are such that having excessive crowds defeats the purpose of the Meet-Up event. This said, your Organizer will always try to accommodate all the members interested in joining the event, provided timely notice is given
• In support of the restaurants, any member who decides to attend an event is kindly asked to order a drink or a dish from the menu
• The Organizer cannot be responsible for dietary restrictions that a member may have
MEET – UP ETIQUETTE:
THIS GROUP APPRECIATES A CERTAIN IMAGE WHEN ITS MEMBERS ATTEND THE EVENTS. KINDLY REFRAIN FROM SHOWING UP IN GYM OR BEACH ATTIRE
• Upon arrival to our Meet – Up event, please introduce yourself
• The group Organizer discourages the members from engaging in any extended discussions on Political and Religious subjects
• In case you cannot attend an event due to change of plans, please be so kind to update your RSVP 24 hours in advance
• This group does not appreciate NO-SHOW members and, it is not polite not to communicate your schedule changes timely to group’s Organizer
• Members will be able to bring guests to the events only when the option is available
- GUEST FEE is USD 5.00 per event / per guest and is payable via the Meet – Up site upon signing the guest up. Organizer may remove the guest if such fee is not processed prior to the event
- Guest fee is not refundable under any circumstances except for when an event is re-scheduled or cancelled by the Organizer
AS YOUR ORGANIZER, I WELCOME YOU INTO THIS EDUCATED, OUTGOING, CHEERFUL AND WORLDLY GROUP. WE ARE ALL PLEASED TO MEET ANOTHER “WORLDLY FRIEND IN TUCSON”!