What we’re about
Women Tech Leaders is advancing women leaders in the tech industry by providing strength and solidarity to individuals through our community in order to ameliorate tech culture.
We are a peer group for women* in technology companies who are managing people and/or leading teams.
Tech leadership can be exhausting and confusing but it's also rewarding and stimulating. Let's learn from each other so we can grow faster and develop our own squads and a larger community! We'll get together to hear prominent and experienced women in tech leadership talk about their experiences and we'll meet to listen to and mentor each other in small groups.
*We are open to people who identify as women.
Resources for women tech leaders:
• The Manager's Path － Camille Fournier (a complete guide on how to be a tech employee from intern to CTO)
• Work Rules! － Lazlo Bock (Google's head of people on what works and what doesn't)
• That's What She Said － Joanne Lipmann (a guide to managing women and men without bias)
• Dare to Lead － Brene Brown (How to lead with authenticity - and up your productivity while you're at it)
• Radical Candor － Kim Scott (leading teams with caring and honesty)
• Managing Humans: Biting and Humorous Tales of a Software Engineering Manager － Michael Lopp
• http://www.elidedbranches.com/ (or read on medium.com/@skamille or watch her talks @ camilletalk.com/)
Join a cohort of new managers: http://www.mgmtintensive.com/
Email subscription with talks from great engineering leaders: https://ctoconnection.us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=dde57294dd0a4070e117a7611&id=627829b6b4
Engineering Ladders, Organization, and Templates for tech management:
(message Alexandra to have new resources added!)