Another Easy Healthy trail run by Santa Clara Parks. We'll meet the docent Cait Hutnik at the Wood Road Trail Parking Lot - No Parking Fee. A great way to learn about the history of the park and the surrounding fauna and flora!
Trail length: 2.6 miles (round trip)
• Oak woodlands, 50% shade
• Historic sites: Spanishtown, Rotary Furnace
• View of Mt. Umunhum
• Trail is a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and the Juan Bautista de Anza
Trail (National Historic Trail).
* An adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18
* Wear comfortable shoes
* Bring a hat and sunscreen
* Bring water & snack if desired
* Bring a camera
* Dogs Prohibited during these outings
• From Hwy 85 go south onto Almaden Expwy. Go 7 mi. on Almaden Expwy to Almaden Rd.
• Take Almaden Rd. to Alamitos Rd.
• Take Alamitos Rd. past Almaden Reservoir (3.25 mi.)
• Turn right at Hicks Rd.
• At Hicks and Umunhum Rd., turn right into the Wood Rd. parking lot.
The healthy trail is 2.6miles and fairly flat there and back. For those of us looking for a little more work out my suggestion is that we take the hike out with Cait and then take the Castillero and Mine Hill trails loop via English camp - doubling the length and adding some elevation! Those who prefer the 2.6m can return with Cait to the carpark.
And for those who fancy it we could grab some brunch together at the end of the trail...