Cherry Blossom Tour of President Thomas Jefferson's Washington, March 29, 2020, 1 p.m.
Held near the scenic Tidal Basin during the Cherry Blossom season, this tour will examine the accomplishments of, and many crises faced, by Thomas Jefferson--D.C.’s first two-term President--during his wild stay in office. And of his friends & rivals James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, & John Adams, all of whom left a significant mark on Lafayette Sq., the capital, and America.
Sunday, March 29, 2019, 1 P.M.
MEET at the GEORGE MASON memorial near the Jefferson Memorial.
$20. 2 to 2.5 hours.
Driving into town and parking may be difficult due to cherry blossom season. Nearest metros: Smithsonian & Metro Center.
You must RSVP to attend:
• A traitor’s attempted betrayal of Jefferson’s Lewis & Clark expedition
• The mysterious Jefferson Pier
• The Marquis de Lafayette’s amazing & perilous associations with multiple American Presidents
• Inventor of farm, kitchen, and spy apparatus
• The undeclared naval war, and declared trade war, that nearly wrecked Jefferson’s second term
• Sally Hemings and Maria Cosway
• Disputes over the Jefferson Memorial
• His rollercoaster relationship with John Adams
• “The room where it happened”
• The “miracle mansion” of TJ’s militia chief
• The scoundrel who betrayed Jefferson, killed Hamilton, and tried setting up his own country—with the head of the U.S. Army!
• Architect-in-Chief: Did TJ secretly design the White House?
• When Jefferson was almost hanged
• President Jefferson’s “First Lady”
• How he came to write the Declaration of Independence, and its secret coda
• And more!
We’re highly rated on TripAdvisor:
Your tour guide is a former speechwriter to the President of the United States, a former writer for Jay Leno’s “The Tonight Show”, & author of the newly published, hidden history of Lafayette Square—The White House’s Unruly Neighborhood!:
We’re on Airbnb & Atlas Obscura:
Think history is boring? Think again!
We’re on Facebook too: