What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
YOU MUST REGISTER AT www.destinationhike.com
Join us for a beautiful 3 mile easy hike along the Potomac River. After our hike we will cool down with gentle 45 minute yoga stretches led by Sherrell Moore-Tucker. She will lead us through a flow of beginner stretches designed to reduce stiffness, improve circulation, and reduce risk of injury. Sherrell is an Army veteran who started practicing yoga when she was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. Over the past 10 years she's been teaching yoga and meditation to those living with chronic pain. Learn more here: www.sherrellmooretucker.com and she shares her story in her own words on her YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwB2q8DABk&t=36s
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the hike!
This event is rain or shine and non-refundable.
Make sure to bring your own Yoga Mat.
How to prepare?
1. Wear comfortable shoes. If you have hiking boots that would be preferred. However, if you have not committed to buying hiking shoes, wear comfortable tennis shoes.
2. Check the weather for the day and dress appropriately. The weather can be temperamental during the Fall, so please dress in layers if necessary.
3. Bring a small to medium size back pack. This is to carry any personal items; cell phone, water, personal medication, and any other items you may need.
4. Always bring a at least 1L of water. Make sure you have hydrated the day before, and the day of the hike.
5. Remember, there are no bathrooms in nature, so stay hydrated but make sure you are good to hike without needing a bathroom. If you do need to use the bathroom, nature will be your stall.
6. Suggested: Download the AllTrails app. That will help you get familiar with the trail and you can see in real time where we are on the trail. Trial information will be provided for hike registrants.
Any additional questions, comments, or concerns, email [masked].