addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

We Are CHANGE Tampa Message Board Tampa 9/11 Truth Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Lobby Visit #2 - US Sen Bill Nelson

Lobby Visit #2 - US Sen Bill Nelson

A former member
Post #: 82
Yesterday was incredible, having eight 9/11 truthers there and getting the message across was a fantastic experience. I will come back and add more to this post later, just wanted to say THANK YOU. That was unforgettable.
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes, it was exciting and so easy to call and make an appointment at our convenience in a day or two or within a week. Anybody can do this. These regional and district rep.s from the home local office are really nice and glad to see us. I think they don't get many visitors. Our presentation was all done for us on the notes with enough time for our personal comments all within an hour. The talking points of 9/11 truth, impeachment, end war and restore rights are very compeling. Everyone contributed and we're doing this again next week. We're passionate about getting these messages out. Most people think it's next to impossible but it's not!!!!! Join us, make your voice heard!
A former member
Post #: 12
It was sort of painful, but not a lot... :o) Joke! It was smooth sailing. The packet was slick and looked nice while Mia handed it over to the staffers for their records to document and give to the Senator later. They were very open it seemed, and more than willing to look at what we had while (seemingly) honestly answer direct questions, even if the answers were humbly ignorant. I think the four points we covered were VERY legitimate. They were:

1. Investigate the Omissions and Distortions in the 9/11 Commission Report
2. Impeach Cheney and Bush and Remove Them from Office.
3. End the So-Called ?War on Terror?
4. Restore Our Constitutional Rights

We appointed four people before we walked into the office to read each section. It was actually almost informal feeling, due to the fact they acted so laid back with us there. I thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience (even though I messed up - but that was Mia's fault and that is my story and I am sticking to it) lol I was very comfortable during the whole interview. I pray this catches wind. :o) I really do. This nation NEEDS this. Please, join us next time, or at least share this information with your friends.

LaRemnant.
A former member
Post #: 17
Yes, I felt so incredibly free after walking out of Bill Nelsons' office! This was a truly rewarding experience and I propose that EVERY 9/11 Truther make sure that their local representatives are lobbied and made aware of the growing concerns of their constituents! If you do not report treason it is a CRIME!

My account:

I woke up early, trimmed my beard, and put on a dress shirt and a tie. I wanted to look professional and presentable. I may be a college student, but I know how to be taken seriously!

We all converged at the federal courthouse and had a bit of trouble getting in because of the tight security. No cell phones, cameras, or anything!

We had briefly gone over the packet prepared by 911truth.org on the way to the senators office. I felt unprepared, but Mia assured us that the presentation was very simple and that all the work was done for us already. We had the simple outline, the supplemental material to leave with the senator, and Dr. Griffin's list of 115 Ommisions and Distortions of the 9/11 Commision Report.

We assigned people one section each and decided, to STICK TO THE LIST! lol! No getting off track or being creative. Everything had been done for us! Well I think we had a little trouble with that, but it was not a huge problem.

Mia started out by asking the women who were Bill Nelson's aides whether they were "aware of the controversy surrounding 9/11". One said that she had seen the Michael Moore film ( AHAHAHAAA!!) and another had actually seen the latest version of Loose Change, and said that she was impressed with all of the witness testimony (I personally haven't seen it yet...).

After establishing a base from which to approach the women, who were very cordial, we began our presentation. Mia began with the "New 9/11 Investigation" part and elaborated each talking-point according to whatever else she felt was necessary to add and augment the presentation. If you've ever met Mia Hamel you'll know that she can TALK about 9/11 and all the flaws in the official story! Perhaps she got excited and took up more time than the rest of us, but she did a great job explaining the talking points of the presentation. The two largest skyscrapers in tampa put together at the base are ALMOST as big as building 7, and this was a great way to explain how incredible it's collapse was.

Next Mary did the section on Impeachment. She simply read straight from the presentation and was very direct about it. I don't know if she was nervous about straying from the presentation, but she did a great job as well. Like I said, all the work was done for us by this fantastic 911truth.org package, and the message was certainly delivered: "IMPEACH!"

Then I took up the third part about the "War on Terror". Being a confident public speaker I elaborated briefly on each point. As I student of psychology I brought up the issue of "linguistic framing" in terms of the actual slogan for this war, the "War on Terror"; "Terror is an emotion, it is not a group of people or even a tactic. A 'war on terrorism' would be somewhat more correct, but that is not what it is called. It's called the 'War on Terror' because the phrase is ment to instill fear and terror into us so that our minds shut down and we simply obey the authority that claims to protect us. The 'War on Terror' is nothing more than propaganda."

I also emphasized the bullet point that "this supposedly endless war has not been declared by congress." In fact NO war has been declared by congress as is DICTATED by the constitution. This war is illegal and the strategy of global preemptive military intervention is EXACTLY the "Transformation of the Military" described in the PNAC document, "Rebuilding Americas Defenses".

I also elaborated on the long term costs of the war, Depleted Uranium pollution, and the damage being done to our soldiers. Being a member of Sarasota Food-Not-Bombs, I feed the homeless with free vegetarian meals as a protest against militarism every weekend. I see the homeless veterans, I see the problems they have, and I see the lack of help that they've recieved after they got home from battle. This is very personal for me, and I know that in 20 years I will still be feeding homeless veterans, but rather than Vietnam vets they will be Iraqi, Afghani, and possibly Iran veterans. This is a terrible strain on our society, not just financially, but socially and psychologically.

And to wrap it all up Derrick read the part "Restore our Constitutional Rights". This is what's really at stake here. The point of 9/11 was to destroy our freedoms and institute a police state. The "Patriot Act" could never have been passed before 9/11, and the Constitution can never stand side by side with this terrible document. They are mutually exclusive and for good reasons!

An important part of this section was the mentioning of the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism" bill (HR 1955) that is being shoved through congress and is obviously going to target dissenters like US, the 9/11 Truth Movement. We expressed GRAVE concern about this bill and the inclusion of our websites in the Weisenthal presentation to congress' Homeland Security Commitees' hearing on Terrorism and the Internet.

The aides seemed to take us very seriously and promised to pass on the information senator Bill Nelson. We left him the supplemental packages provided by 911truth.org as well as a copy of Press for Truth and a short dvd about the collapse of building 7.

When we left we were ECSTATIC! Mia was singing "IMPEEEAAACHMMENTTT!" on the steps of the courthouse to the melody of "Maria" from the West Side Story, and I have never felt so effective and free in my life! This movement has gone beyond a cluster of people handing out dvd's and waving signs like lunatics. We are organized, we are strategized, and we have the criminals on the RUN!

Everybody needs to get to their local representatives office and do this NOW! It is a crime to not report treason, and it is your DUTY to make your elected representatives express your will in the halls of legislation! We sent a brand new batch of people to congress last year because we wanted CHANGE, and damnit we are going to GET change if we have to it ourselves!
A former member
Post #: 109
I'm looking forward to taking part in the Mel Martinez lobbying effort on Wednesday. Hopefully a lot of people can make it out. It's good to see something happening that's clearly generating a lot of enthusiasm and renewed interest in the group.

Not to damper that enthusiasm, but I would hope that public actions like the 11th of every month FOX News event - which I admittedly cannot make this month - do not fall by the wayside.

I'm hoping that we as a group can manage to do both. Maybe we could schedule things so that there will likely be people available for each event?

Again, I'm not proposing an EITHER/OR division of strategy, but an AND. Handing out DVDs and waving signs is an excellent way to make people aware of our group and our message.

And lobbying representatives is an excellent way to organize our thoughts, learn how to speak to others, obey the law(!), etc.

I'm skimming the surface here, but I hope I'm making sense. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater as they say...
A former member
Post #: 15
and another had actually seen the latest version of Loose Change, and said that she was impressed with all of the witness testimony (I personally haven't seen it yet...).

You have NOT seen it yet??? ... That does it Mr., you just lost a whole 5 out of 10 cool points buddy!

:o)

LaRemnant.
A former member
Post #: 16
Hopefully a lot of people can make it out. It's good to see something happening that's clearly generating a lot of enthusiasm and renewed interest in the group.

Considering how small Bill Nelson's offices were compared to the small group of 7 adults (and a child)... I think it would be cool if there were so many that showed up, that a group of us had to wait outside in support. This would give a clear message that a mob is forming LOL. They would listen more closely to what we had to say because afterall, there IS strength in numbers!

LaRemnant.