This group is for people who live in/work in/like the Upper East Side of Manhattan (area East End-5th ave, 59th St-96th) . We are a warm, inviting group who want to make friends and develop a close social group. Our age range is all over the place and we welcome all ages. Our meetups are for all interests: we do museums/art events and dinners that are low key and also more wild/party events such as late night dancing and bars. We go to free events as well as some more expensive places and all events are on the Upper East Side. Occasionally we will go to events that take place outside the Upper East Side.
We have member dues that are $5 a year to help the organizer pay the meetup fees. You will be asked to contribute when you join and you will have 30 days to pay before meetup removes you. If you're not able to attend a meetup within 30 days of joining, join at a later time.
Some rules to make sure things run smoothly. We have long wait lists and lots of interest in this group. It's been so much fun to meet all of you and I'm very grateful for everyone's interest!
1. You must answer messages from the organizer within 24 hours. Download the meetup app or sign in periodically if you rsvp "going" to a meetup. You will be removed from the event if you don't respond to the organizer's message.
2. Update your rsvp if your plans change and you can't go to a meetup. This allows people on the waitlist to move up.
3. Two no shows or last minute cancellations and you will be removed from the group.
4. You must be 21 to join. We go to bars who frequently card.
5. You must have a profile picture of yourself so we can recognize you and at least your first name. No profiles with avatar pictures or pictures of places will be admitted into the group.