addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weirdery Message Board › Shows at Fair Park

Shows at Fair Park

Michele N.
Nordzilla
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
As many of you know, I got to sew costumes, backdrops, etc. for a marionette show at Fair Park. The press screening was last Friday and it has now opened to the public. Currently it is only showing on weekends for about a month, after which it will be daily.

I had been under the impression that it was a stand-alone show, but it is actually one attraction in a multi-show fair experience and you cannot get tickets for only one part of it. (I also wasn't aware it was sponsored by McDonald's until 3 days ago...oh well...)

The tickets are about $30, but there are several interesting-looking events to make a day of it, such as "Island of Dogs and Cats," which apparently has the impossible: trained cats doing tricks.

The marionnette/puppet show is called Captain Kid's Theater, and from what I got to see of all the buckets and buckets and buckets of puppets and props--and the fact that puppeteer John Hardman is a funny man off-stage as well--it's going to be awesome and hilarious.

Here is a list of the events: http://www.fairparkfun.com/?page_id=178

--Michele