• What we'll do
Join us as we discuss an oft forgotten aspect of test engineering and automation automating processes.
It's not as sexy as a streamlined performance testing application, or headless UI testing. But being able to automate around the process and bureaucracy of your typical company can be a secret weapon in the war for accolades. Being able to track metrics monitor development progress and bugs and manual testing and generate reports for management at the click of a button can free up hours per person per week. It will leave people wondering how you get so much done every sprint while everyone else is filling out spreadsheets.
And even better news is "the how" is incredibly accessible. All of the tools that your company uses have built in APIs and SDKs to let you interact with them programmatically just like you would do at your desk. That means any task you have to do that is not about testing but rather about reporting on testing can be automated. And this meetup we will work through some examples showing common APIs for interacting with GIT and Jira and other technology like testRail or sumoLogic. We'll show you how you can answer questions in minutes that would normally take your intern 3 weeks to dig through everything.
We'll also talk about how you can automate your whole process without ever having to login.
* How often is this piece of code updated and is that correlated with an increase in bugs?
* How frequent is it for one of our high risk stories to take longer/shorter than we expected?
And perform tasks like:
* Dig through JIRA and for each story find related test cases in test rail that should be executed
* Notify your automation engineer when certain code is changed that they might need to update the automation
* Generate reports indicating if unit test counts decreased or didnt change when high risk code or new features were added
And you'll see that solving any of these problems is tremendously simpler than you are thinking. A
All of that and some free food too!
So come on down to the HomeAdvisor offices meet some quality test engineering comrades and try on that learning cap.
The agenda will be:
6:00 - 6:30 - Meet and greet
6:30 - 7:30 - Presentation and Discussion
7:30 - 8:00 - Additional chatting and questions.
• What to bring
• Important to know