addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › Great Opportunity for VNW Members! VNW Posts Available!

Great Opportunity for VNW Members! VNW Posts Available!

Doreen
user 2495413
White Plains, NY
Dear Veggie Friends,

I want all of you to know that I have been fortunate to have met many wonderful veggie folks through the Vegetarian Network of Westchester, and I have many fond memories of past Meetup events with all of you. I also want you to know that it’s been an honor to serve as the VNW’s Organizer for the past 4 years. I would like to thank each and every one of you for making this group the success it has been.

With that said, I want to inform everyone that I am going to be stepping down as Organizer in order to allow someone else to take the post. It is certainly a rewarding experience to run a group like this, and I know the person who takes the position will enjoy serving as the new Organizer. The work involved in running a group like this is not much and not terribly time consuming.  I will remain on board as a member, and I will always be available to offer assistance and answer any questions the new Organizer might have.  We are paid up until August, so there are no fees due to Meetup to run the site until then. This makes it a nice way to start for the next Organizer (and Assistant Organizer - we are also looking for an Assistant Organizer). Currently, the Assistant Organizer prints the list of members signed up for the events and takes photos at the events and posts them.

Please let me know if you are interested in either of these positions. Now would be a good time to start since VNW is due for an event, and the fees for the site are paid up. (The fees to run the site are $72 for 6 months. I currently collect $2 per person per event to cover the cost of the site.)

Please feel free to contact me with questions or if you are interested in the opportunity to step up and take over. I can be reached by email through Meetup or by phone at 914-924-3161.

I thank you again, and I look forward seeing you at a future VNW event.

Doreen