This group is for parents with children in elementary, middle school or high school that are interested in or express some interest in learning to program. Our goal is to open up the children's eyes to the wonderful world of technology and allow them to create, innovate and collaborate. Members must be 18 years or older and a parent or guardian 18 years or older must accompany all children to our meetups.
We welcome parents who have children with no computer experience. We have the computers so you just need to show up and have fun, but you are also welcome to bring your own computer!
To see what classes we have to offer and to enroll online, go to www.whizkidzcc.com. Call us at (408) 389-4231 or email us at email@example.com if you have questions on what class your child should take. We will be more than happy to consult with you on your goals.
Some key highlights on what we offer:
• We are the only company in this area to have our own facility dedicated to computer programming and electronics and to have classes year-round. Summer camps are great but learning technology is most beneficial when it's on-going with short and long-term goals.
• Our lead instructors graduate from top universities; have real-world industrial experience having been employed at companies like Cisco, Adobe and startups; and have years of experience teaching, tutoring and mentoring students. We may hire others with less experience as assistants only.
• Our equipment is state-of-the art. We have computers with 21” monitors and touch screens so you can do serious programming, and all of our computers are 64-bit, ≥ 8 GB RAM, full High Definition (1920x1080), and have an Intel i5 or better.
• Oftentimes I hear of a child learning to program on their own. Few can do it and even so, it is not ideal because it is too easy for one to get frustrated and quit. Learning best practices, proper architecture, design patterns, knowing how to test and debug all comes with experience and maturity, something that we have and can provide for your child.
• We offer an environment that is engaging, rich and collaborative in nature. Like exercising at a gym, your child will benefit significantly more by having a regular routine attending a class or program; getting proper guidance; sharing, collaborating, and expressing their ideas with their peers and instructor; and making new friends along the way!