1. We ask that you join with your full name (first and last).
2. You agree to attend your first event within 3 months of signing up and then at least 1 event every 6 months after that.
3. You agree to upload a CURRENT picture of yourself (not scenery, animals or children, just you). This will enable us to find you at events.
4. Important - When you RSVP "yes" to an event, it means you will be there! Do not RSVP yes unless you are 99% certain you'll be there. Otherwise, it is not fair to the restaurants and other venues that reserve large spaces for us or the people on the wait list that want to come. In the unlikely event you have to change your RSVP to a "no," do so as soon as possible, and simply change your RSVP - no need to comment or tell us specifics, we know everyone is busy and things come up. If you RSVP "yes" to an event and cannot make it and do not change your RSVP to a "no", you will be marked as a "No Show". Excess "No Shows" may lead to being removed from the group.
5. If you do make written comments on any event, please make sure they are positive and please do not "overshare" about health issues or family issues in the public comments.
If you agree to follow these rules, please join and read below information about our group:
If you are a widow or widower and want to build a new social life around positive, friendly people struggling with being a widow/widower just like you, join our group and meet up at local* restaurants to eat, talk, and support each other through this challenging stage of life. Join activities such as bowling, mini-golf, karaoke, casual dinners, and even kayaking occasionally!
We are not a grief group our goal is to have a group where it's fun to get out of the house, do fun things with friendly people, and plan events that we can look forward to.
Certainly if you have serious concerns or feel the need to contact us about health issues or family issues, use the messaging feature to send private messages to the organizers or to anyone else in the group individually. That's the best way to handle personal, health, or individual issues.
We're centered in Marlton, in southern New Jersey, and we generally meet within a half-hour's drive of there. We reserve the right to refuse membership at our discretion, to promote the safety of our members and protect the atmosphere of our group events.