"There are no perfect parents, and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way." ~Dave Willis
It's tough finding Meetup groups that are targeted towards the entire family or towards experiential activities. Mainly for kids 10 and under, this group is to encourage moms, dads, grandparents, nannies, aunts and uncles to take the little ones outdoors and explore all the cool activities that our area has to offer!
But most importantly, this group is about accepting the wild child in our kiddos. It's ok for them to get dirty! It's ok for them to want to climb and jump and be loud and be unpredictable. It's hard...and sometimes we need to correct them on things...but it's OK! This group is all about having open minds and kind hearts as we navigate through the experiences of raising a child.
No drama. No judgement. No stress. It's tough and rewarding being a parent. We don't need other adults to make us feel any less awesome! ^_~
If you just need to get out of the house, because you've been watching too much PJ Mask or Sofia The First... this is your group!
If you are looking for an opportunity to try backpacking for the first time with other families... this is your group!
If you've been wanting to bring your kiddo to a brewery to try a new pint... this is your group!
If you are a mom; If you are a dad; if you are a step-parent; if you are a grandparent; if you are an aunt or uncle or nanny... this is your group!
IN REQUESTING MEMBERSHIP TO THIS GROUP, WE ASK THAT YOU:
1. Attend one event at least once within 30 days of joining. We want to meet you! We want you to make sure we are a good group for you.
You will be removed once the trial period has ended and no events were attended.
2. We ask that you please try to stay active and attend our events, or please suggest ones that your family would enjoy. You may be removed from our group after 3 months of no attendance. Please communicate with us if things have changed and you are no longer able to attend events. Participation is vital to making this group work.
Lurking doesn't make friends!
4. We do ask if you RSVP 'yes' to an event and can't make it, please change it to 'no' at least 2 hours before the event. 3 no shows without communication will result in removal from our group. We do understand that children get sick, have meltdowns, naps change, emergencies, and life happens! Kids are unpredictable.
Just please be polite and let your host know if you can't make it.
4. We do require you to please provide an identifying picture of yourself or you and/or family to help us find you at an event. This is a private group and, unless you are a member, no one can see where/what we are doing or your pictures.
We want to know who we are keeping an eye out for!
5. We may remove you from our group at any time. We wish to keep this group safe, busy, and fun!
Let's enjoy the company of one another, have our children play together and create new friendships. Being a parent is hard, but you don't have to do it alone.
If you are interested in facilitating meetups in your specific area, please let me know and we will set you up as an organizer.
Come out, share your experiences...and most of all...have fun with your kids!
It takes a village to raise a child. Let's create our village! ^_^