What we're about
Join the native plant movement!
Our world is changing rapidly, and it’s easy to think there’s not much one person can do. But Wild Ones know there is a lot we can do. We know the native plants we put in our yards, schools, parks, places of worship, migration corridors, and everywhere else hold the key to a better future.
The Twin Cities Chapter of Wild Ones was chartered in 2001 and is one of several chapters in Minnesota. We encourage you to join us at one of our free, open-to-the-public events, and explore how to grow your own natural garden or yard full of Minnesota native plant species that provide wildlife habitat and a multitude of other benefits.
Events we sponsor include:
- Monthly meetings with presentations by experts in native plants, natural landscaping and habitat restoration. Most meetings are open to the public.
- Tours of members' yards to experience examples of formal and informal garden styles, raingardens, woodland gardens and butterfly attractors.
- Gardening at the Nokomis Naturescape on Tuesday evenings April through October.
- Guided field trips through natural areas.
- "How-to" sessions and hands-on practice maintaining native plantings.
- Native plant and seed sales and exchanges.
See more information at http://www.wildonestwincities.org/