I started this meetup group as I saw nothing like it listed in Perth at the time. I went through a divorce, and rebuild of myself, and stuff I read at the time said "find a Men's Group" and I couldn't find one. So a few years later, and much rebuilding, I thought I could start such a group, share some of my life wisdom gained in my "re-build", and tap into that wisdom and experience offered by others through Peer Mentorship.
This is a group for Men to support each other. Having each other’s backs like a Wingman in a dog fight. Men who want to develop and follow their mission in life, be happy, and challenged to evolve as strong, ethical, independent beings. Men who will support each other, but call bull sh*t, and keep each other to the goals and tasks we set ourselves. The group would expect discretion. Whilst the interaction between men and women will be core to the framing of us as men and a substantial part of the discussions, this is not a Pick Up Artist group.
The group will meet to
• discuss topics such as challenging false societal programming, key life goal setting, creating your mission, defining and achieving a happy rewarding life.
• support / brainstorm advice for those group members facing challenges such as divorce, children issues, business or financial troubles with a spirit of “mateship”.
• Celebrate member victories, and goal achievements, encourage each other to be better men, to be great fathers, good boyfriends or husbands, whilst maintaining "Alpha" independence and integrity to ourselves.
• Give back - Mentoring of members, philanthropy, Contribution to society with a focus on boys/young men.
• Mix and socialise with the type of men you want to be. Form deep friendships with people of common values and ambitions.
Who should join?
• Men who want to develop and grow as individuals, goal and mission driven, those seeking to grow in confidence and happiness.
• Philosophers, extroverts, introverts, those who meditate, self-educate, aren’t afraid to challenge the Status-quo, or those who want to find or rediscover their “inner alpha”.
• Those who have read and identified with books like "The Rational Male", "Alpha 2.0 The unchained Man", "The Art of Extraordinary Confidence". "The Untethered Soul" "Barking up the wrong tree"
Whilst I believe this will mostly appeal to “Alpha 2.0”, intelligent, self-aware men from 25-55, it is open to all men. Married, Single, Straight, Gay, any religion, any age.