Hello and welcome to Wirral Amblers. In a nutshell we're a group for older people who are trying to get some gentle exercise. We aren't a walking group for fit and active people who can walk miles with no problems.
We only amble short distances and take our time.
We insist that nobody marches off ahead or sets a fast pace.
All our ambles vary but are no longer than three miles with rest stops and refreshments.
We try to locate our walks with easy access to parking.
Ambles last about two to three hours but are leisurely, not marches.
We don't have any charges apart from entrance fees paid individually at the event or online.
Anyone who hasn't come along to something or shown interest in what we do for some time will also be released back into the wild in order to keep this group small for those most likely to attend.
If you think you'd like to come along and be a part of our very friendly group, please feel free to join by clicking on the red button near the top of the page asking you to join or sign up. You'll be made very welcome and well looked after.
*** The only rules we have ***
* From 1st August 2020 anyone promoting other groups or seen to be recruiting members for other groups will be removed once the walk is over.
* From 1st October 2017 if you want to join us you will need to apply with a clear photo of yourself so we can recognise you at our meet ups. Anyone who hasn't come along and who changes their photo to something else will be removed.
* It is important that if you've put your name down to attend an event and then find you can't go that you remove your name from the event giving as much notice as possible.
* We can unfortunately only wait 5 minutes for latecomers (depending on the event).
* Please do not apply to join if you are a walker who can walk far. Anyone walking on ahead, setting a fast pace will be seen as too fit for the group and also removed once the walk is over.
Everyone is cared about here and regularly contacted. Anyone who hasn't been to anything and doesn't show an interest for several months risks being removed from the group especially if we have people on our waiting list.