Welcome to the WoW social group!
This group is for women only ages 35 to 55+.
If you are a professional, classy, dynamic, friendly and outgoing type of woman, then this group is for you! We are a group of like-minded women that enjoy socializing, networking and meeting new people. Friends are a constant lifeline so let’s cultivate and nurture new and existing friendships.
Here are 7 reasons women need to support other women:
1. It reduces stress.
2. Women need accountability.
3. Women need other women who will tell you the hard truth.
4. It's your nature to nurture.
5. It is not fair to expect one person to be everything to you.
6. You'll live longer.
7. Your community of women can help support your goals and objectives.
This group is suited for independent women who are comfortable entering and exiting a meeting venue solo. I find ladies arrive and depart at different times; therefore the ability to attend an event solo is a must.
The goal is for events to take place approximately once or twice a month. Please watch for messages and join us!
WOW Policy, Group Rules and Terms of Reference:
1. Cancellations are not accepted within 48 hours for most events. Contact me privately (versus the public message boards) for exceptions. Exceptions are immediate and urgent matters that cannot be avoided. Should you need to cancel prior to 48 hours, it is your responsibility to contact me privately. Emails are directly routed to my smartphone. No shows are immediately removed. If you RSVP yes to an event, you are agreeing to the policy, and terms of reference.
2. Ensure I can reach you day of an event. If you are attending an event or are on the wait list for an event requiring reservations, I may need to contact you. Please do ONE of the following:
• download the Meetup app to your smartphone (see your app store for details) and monitor event updates, or private messages OR
• add Meetup.com website to your home screen of your smartphone (in a browser open meetup.com, then select the square with embedded arrow or ‘send to’ icon and select ‘add to home screen.’ Monitor updates, or private messages.
3. It is best to have your own vehicle or arrange your own transportation. If you are at an event and become friendly with a member who offers or can provide a ride to a future event, please make those arrangements privately. Any posts requesting rides to events will be removed.
4. Bring your A-game to WOW. As a member of WOW, your highest level of integrity is critical. You are responsible and accountable for your personal and professional behaviour which is a direct reflection on WOW. Anyone conducting themselves in a manner deemed offensive to others will be removed from membership. Winnipeg really is a small city at 3% separation; one in three people know you, have heard of you, or someone close to you.
5. I will provide as much information on events as possible. If your question is not answered in the event details, specific information will be forthcoming.
6. A $3.00 participation fee is collected at each event you attend, unless otherwise stated. The fees collected are used to offset the yearly fee (approximately $260.00 Canadian funds) charged by meetup.com for utilizing the site.
7. There is no advertising or peddling of business products or services at events or via messaging group members.
Please contact me if you have any questions, or comments. I look forward to seeing you!
Lana, WOW Coordinator
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, January 7, 2017 7:00 PM
Sunday, January 15, 2017 10:30 AM
Saturday, January 21, 2017 6:45 PM
Saturday, February 4, 2017 6:30 PM
Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:15 PM