We're a friendly bunch and we arrange a lot of interesting events for you lovely people which include meals, night's out for drinks, live music, comedy clubs, walks, escape rooms, sports events ... the list goes on.
All are welcome to join, there are no restrictions here. All that we ask is that you adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
1. Respect all members regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
2. Do not behave inappropriately towards other members or Hosts, this includes language, physical touching or unsolicited messages. Inappropriate behaviour may result in removal from the group.
3. If you RSVP to events as "Going" and can no longer attend please change your RSVP to "Not Going" as soon as possible. If you RSVP as "Going" and do not attend and do not change your RSVP to "Not Going", you will be flagged as a "No Show". Repeated no-showers are logged and will be removed from the group.
4. You do not need to RSVP as "Not Going" if you have no intention of attending an event. "Not Going" is only needed if you were originally going but can no longer attend an event.
5. If you are not sure whether you will be able to attend an event or not but would still like to keep track of the event so that you don't forget about it then you can save the event to your "Saved" list by clicking on the star symbol (*) at the top of the screen. The event then shows in your saved list and should you closer to the time time find that you can attend, you can then submit your RSVP.
6. DO NOT block spaces on events by submitting an RSVP as "Going" when you are not confident that you can attend.
7. The discussion board and comments are not a place for negativity or harassment, if someone is being deliberately difficult, or posts messages that are not in keeping with the spirit of the group they will be removed from the group.
8. If you have any concerns then please do direct message myself or one of our lovely co-organisers.
9. This is your group and therefore if events don't appeal to you, please make constructive suggestions and we will try to accommodate.
10. We understand that it can be nerve-wracking attending events sometimes, especially for the first time or if you are on your own. If you let us know we will try to help .
11. Your member profile picture must be a clear face picture of you only, without filters or anything else that obscures your identity. After joining the group, do not change your picture to one that does not comply with the group rules. Your picture must be a recent picture of you only and must show your face clearly. This is so that host's can identify you when you arrive at events.
12. If a group Admin (Organiser, Co-Organiser, Host, etc) messages you about an event or your conduct and the message requires a response from you, you must respond in a timely manner.
13. The hosts invest a lot of their own personal time which they give up freely to research and post thorough and comprehensive event listings which include requirements for deadlines, payments and other criteria. Please ensure you read the event details (not just the title) before submitting your RSVP.
14. Attendance figures are monitored by the groups Leadership team and we will periodically remove inactive members who have not attended a Meetup with this group for long periods of time, this includes new members who have not yet attended an event. We need new members to have attended at lease 1 event within 3 months of joining the group.
We would encourage you to come along to one of our "Monthly Mingles" or the "Newbies Event", they are a great way to see what we're all about.