What we're about
This group is a group for mature women (40 or close to it) and over to get together for fun activities ranging from movies, dinners, ceramics and paint nites to exercise, festivals and maybe a few adventures. We hope to have a little bit of something for everyone!
We just have a few rules to keep the group running smoothly:
- MEMBERSHIP FEES: (WAIVED FOR 2022) A fee of $10/calendar year is payable within 30 days of joining the group, and then by January 15th of each year thereafter. This fee is necessary to cover the fees charged by meetup.com as well as other expenses incurred in running the group. Fees can be paid by PayPal ( http://paypal.me/TAMMIROHATYN/10CAD ), e-transfer (message Tammi for instructions) or cash to one of the leadership team. Members with outstanding membership fees will not be able to participate in events until their membership fees have been brought current. No refunds will be issued for fees under any circumstances.
- PROFILE PICTURE: Please have a clear picture of yourself as your profile picture - this helps the organizer of an event to be able to identify you in a crowd. If you are uncomfortable doing this, then please reach out to the organizers of the in-person events you attend beforehand and let them know how to identify you.
- COURTESY TO OTHER MEMBERS & ORGANIZERS: Please be courteous in your interactions with the other members in this group. Not just in online conversations but also when attending events.
- If you've RSVPed "yes" to an event, be sure to change your RSVP to a "no" as soon as you can if your plans have changed so organizers aren't left waiting for you. If you are running late, please try to connect with the organizer of the event asap to let them know you are still coming.
- FACEBOOK PAGE: Because the ability to post on the Meetup site is quite limited, I've created a Facebook page that we can share info on - tips, tricks, recipes, news articles, inspirational memes, etc, etc. Please feel free to post these types of things on the page as often as you'd like. There will also be an opportunity for our active members (members who attend events and whose membership fees are paid to date) with businesses to post about their business on the FB page in designated areas.
The FB page is linked in this group. You can also find it here:
- Important: By being a part of this group you agree that you are participating in organized events at your own risk and that you will not hold the group organizers and event planners responsible for your experiences with the organized events, which could include but isn't limited to disappointment, injuries, theft and loss.
I hope that this group can help you with what you're looking for - whether it's fun experiences, new friendships, meaningful conversations or just a distraction from everyday life. Together, we can empower and inspire one another.
Feel free to reach out to me or any of the leadership team with any questions or suggestions you may have.
Upcoming events (4)
Past events (205)
This content is available only to members