What we're about
This group is for women over 40 who want to cycle in the company of other women at a more relaxed pace than some of the other cycling groups/clubs. The group will go on at least one ride per week, on the weekend. We will try to get out in the morning (not too early). Rides will be in and around the city and try to stay on bike paths whenever possible. Each ride will be 1 - 2 hours, with some longer rides throughout the summer. The pace will be about 20 km/hour, but the group will be flexible enough to accommodate those wanting to go a little faster and those wanting to spend more time smelling the flowers.
If you like cycling and want to find other active 40+ women to cycle with, this is the place for you.
No membership dues or fees required.
By participating in this group you are agreeing to abide by the following waiver:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAVIER OF CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In this agreement the term “Cycling Activities” shall include all activities in any way related to the bicycle trip or event, including but not limited to, transport or travel of any kind during the bicycle tour or event, loading or unloading of vehicles, all activities while on the road or trail; and recreational activities undertaken in addition to the bicycle event offered by Two-Wheeling Women
Assumption of risk
I understand and agree that cycling activities involve inherent risks, dangers, and hazards including, but not limited to, loss or damage of property; equipment failures; accident or illness in areas without immediate access to evacuation and medical attention; falling from bicycles; impact or collision with natural objects and assorted vehicles; encounters with domestic or wild animals; negligence of other cyclists or parties participating in the cycling activities offered by or associated with Women Recreational Cyclists.
I understand and agree that Women Recreational Cyclists makes no claim as to the safety of the route or traffic, or to the competence of other participants. Cycling activities will be conducted on public roads and trails including facilities open to Women Recreational Cyclists in which hazards may exist. Women Recreational Cyclists organizes cycling tours using equipment and services such as transportation, accommodation, and food from various independent suppliers, who are deemed independent contractors, and are not agents or employees of Two-Wheeling Women. Two-Wheeling Women will not be responsible for any negligent or willful act or omissions of any independent supplier or unrelated third party.
I freely accept and assume all risks, dangers and hazards associated with cycling activities, and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage and loss resulting there from. I am aware of the physical difficulty of cycling activities and warrant that I have no health condition which would affect my ability to participate in this activity safely. This competence includes that I will wear an approved helmet, and that my equipment is in safe operating condition. I understand that I must use a bicycle that meets the conditions of the Highway Traffic Act and the safety guidelines of Women Recreational Cyclists, and I agree to ride in accordance with the regulations of the Act and guidelines. CCA participants must have their own insurance appropriate to their needs and the needs of their family and dependents in respect of all loss, injury, death or damage.
Release of liability, wavier of claims and indemnity agreement
In consideration of Women Recreational Cyclists agreeing to my participation in their bicycle activities and permitting my use of its services, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may have in the future against Two-Wheeling Women, their officers, employees, agents, guides, instructors, independent contractors, subcontractors and representatives (all of whom are hereinafter referred to as the “RELEASEES) and to release the RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in cycling activities, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care on the part of the RELEASEES and further including failure on the part of the RELEASEES to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of bicycle tours and events activities referred to above.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in cycling activities;
3. THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE AND BINDING upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, in the event of my death;
4. THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and in any litigation involving the parties to this agreement shall be brought within the Province of Ontario.
5. IN ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the releasees with respect to the safety of cycling activities, tours, and events other than what is set forth in this agreement.
I have read and understood this agreement and I am aware that by joining the activities of this group I am waiving certain legal rights which I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Releasees.