For many of us, our menstrual cycle can be a burden, a struggle, or a non-event. But when we start to work with the changing hormonal energies of the menstrual cycle it can become something that supports our lives through more balance, fulfilment and flow.
In this evening event, Menstruality Coach, Lisa de Jong will cover the following topics:
- A look at the science behind the menstrual cycle and the endocrine system, what our hormones are doing and what implications this has on our bodies and our lives
- A look at each phase of the menstrual cycle – ‘the inner seasons’ and how we can build our self-care, work and creativity around our cycle in simple and practical ways through diet, exercise, scheduling and energy management
- Conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis, PMS or pain and how to alleviate symptoms
- How productivity, creativity, communication skills and our emotional wellbeing can be harnessed through the changing energies of the menstrual cycle
- The role of the inner critic in our psychology, how it affects our work and how to work with the inner critic around our cycle
- A demo of womb yoga poses, movements and breath work to support the nervous system, allow for healthy flow and pain relief
- Time for Q&A and discussion
Suitable for all women, menstruating or not. Suitable for women on the pill. This work can be applied from an ‘energetic’ point of view as the same teachings apply to the creative cycle of projects.
Lisa de Jong is a Menstruality or ‘Period’ Coach teaching women how to live in sync with the menstrual cycle for physical and emotional wellbeing. Coming from years of debilitating period pain herself, she embarked on a journey of healing and self-discovery through the changing energies of the menstrual cycle. She has trained in various disciplines to support this work. She offers 1:1 coaching, group workshops and talks. Her work has been featured in The Independent, RTÉ Lifestyle, Ireland AM and on the radio.
Find out more at www.yourcyclematters.com or Lisa’s Instagram at _lisa_dejong_
Price: 5€ (at the door)