What we're about
Mission: To build a strong community to support, mentor and promote leadership and careers for women in technology in the North of the UK. Women in tech is a never-ending conversation. Does it swirl around a set of anxieties we share in our underrepresented gender — anxieties we might not even understand? More than ever, women in technology need to support each other. Encourage each other. Be each other’s cheerleaders, boosters and sponsors. Pipeline problems aren’t solved at the top, remember, but at the bottom. There’s a massive gender gap in the tech sector and it’s a fact we need to be aware of.
- The fact that women are under-represented – only 1 in 10 IT workers in the IT industry are women
- The fact that women are paid 16% less than their male counterparts doing the same job But is being aware enough? Absolutely NOT. However, being aware is definitely a starting point for us to change the face of technology. We want you all to think about what we, as a group and as individuals can do to eliminate this gap. Ambitions:
- Contribute to change the gender imbalance in the IT industry for the future
- Find professional fulfilment
- Inspire and persuade others to step up, achieve more, reach higher
We are here to: Connect the professional, creative, innovative and hard-working women to achieve their full potential
The International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP) is the leading independent global organisation for business networking in the Microsoft partner ecosystem with 80+ chapters in over 40 countries around the world. IAMCP members represent the trusted, independent voice of the Microsoft partner community.
IAMCP Women in Technology (WIT) is a special community within the International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP). The mission of IAMCP WIT is to connect creative, innovative, and hardworking women in the Microsoft ecosystem and beyond.
Our purpose is to:
Provide mutual support in achieving professional and personal goals;Attract women to, and retain them in, information technology careers;Further the objectives of the IAMCP, and;Build a global community of like-minded women who will meet annually at WPC.