We are sorry to say that all meetups at the Hive have now been suspended due to Covid-19.
Fortunately, we are now in a position to offer our members the opportunity to meet once again using Zoom until we feel comfortable with re-starting the meetings at the Hive. Our intention for the group remains the same - this is a group for anyone who would like to practise their Spanish with other enthusiastic Spanish speakers.
We have members of a wide range of abilities, including native Spanish speakers, and though everyone is welcome, complete beginners will perhaps feel a little overwhelmed with this new format and should be aware that we do aim to speak in Spanish as much as possible during the meetups.
If you are looking to start learning Spanish or to brushing up on your Spanish more formally, check out the website for Sharon's north Worcestershire based language tuition services by clicking on this link: MFL Worcestershire Tuition (http://www.mflworcestershire.co.uk)
We ask that all members wishing to take part in these sessions are able to hold a conversation in Spanish without relying too heavily on other members correcting them. For a rough idea of levels, please visit:
Ideally, members should be B1 level or above.
To take part in these sessions:
• Say 'Yes' on the Meetup website at least 12 hours before the meeting. Those who don't register on the website will not receive the Zoom invite.
• The Zoom invite will be sent to those members who have replied 'Yes', at the latest, 12 hours before the session.
• The meeting will open at the time indicated, but if you want to follow the link to make sure it works beforehand, you can do so.
• Members will be in a waiting room until the session starts and the organiser allows you to join.
• The meetings will last for 1 hour and members will be separated into groups of 4-6 people.
We shall look forward to seeing you all soon.