Our speakers are going to talk about what they post, how often they post. They'll show us inside their websites, and how they monetize their sites.
1) Dan Romanchik - Dissecting KB6NU.Com (http://www.KB6NU.Com)
• Dan Romanchik, blogger behind KB6NU.Com, sometimes jokingly refers to the WordPress site as the #1-rated amateur radio blog. How can he claim that? Well, if you Google "amateur radio blog" or "ham radio blog" more often than not KB6NU.Com comes up #1.
At the July 23 WP-A2 meeting, we're going to dissect this blog, with a view towards helping you evaluate your WordPress site and where you're going with it. Taking a top-down view, Dan will:
• Discuss some of his motivations for starting the blog.
• Discuss the content: what he posts, how often he posts, etc.
• Take a look inside KB6NU.Com and talk about the themes and plugins he uses.
• Talk a little bit about monetization.
• Talk about why he continues to blog and what the future holds.
• Come with Questions!
Call for Topics & Speakers:
If you have a topic you would like us to cover, please let us know. Also, we are always looking for new speakers to talk about WordPress related topics, if you, or you know someone who would like to speak, please get in touch (http://wordpressannarbor.com/contact/).
Location (Room 2001, LSA Building, 500 S State Street, Ann Arbor MI 48109)
Room 2001 is on the 2nd floor of the LSA Building (http://campusinfo.umich.edu/campusmap/87) (1 floor above the ground floor), directly off the 2nd floor lobby. You can enter either from State Street (the front of the building) or from Maynard Street (the rear of the building). The doors will remain unlocked until 7pm, but we'll post signs on the doors directing you where to go and including a contact cell phone number.
It may be possible to park in the small visitor lot directly behind the LSA Building, on Maynard Street, or in the lot next to the Student Activities Building if spaces are available. Street parking and University Blue-lot parking should be free from 6pm on; carefully check the posted signs. But parking will definitely be available in the City of Ann Arbor Maynard Street parking structure, 1 block away, for $1.20/hour. More parking options are available on the map (http://campusinfo.umich.edu/campusmap/87), if you click on the (P) icon.