addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

WordPress Melbourne User Group Message Board Troubleshooting › Changing my domain name without losing the existing content

Changing my domain name without losing the existing content

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, while I was experimenting with Wordpress I have created a pretty decent website on the free version. I then paid for the upgrade to Business which gives me the option to choose my own domain name. 2 problems/questions so far:

1. will I lose my existing website if I register a new domain name? I read on the internet that some coding will be needed and a lot of database shuffling. Sounds complicated. Can I really do this or should I be getting technical help?

2. currently I don't see the PlugIns option anywhere on the website. Again, I read on the internet that you can't see it if on the wordpress.com domain. Don't understand this, what am I missing, because I want to be able to make use of the free PlugIns available.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ilda