About one out of three of the top ten million sites are using WordPress, according to Alexa rankings and W3Techs. With that many sites on WordPress, it's likely that it will be considered at some point when deciding to create a new site. You may already be using it on your own site or business site. Either way, even if you ultimately don't use WordPress, this group is for you!
Learn & discuss everything to do with WordPress, including plugin and theme selection, development, design, marketing, blogging, SEO, business, management, security, and more. We couldn't create a comprehensive list of the topics that we cover, as we try to expand with each Meetup and answer the questions posted by our attendees.
This meetup is all about WordPress, from beginning blogger through to hardcore coder. If you need a WordPress user group or need to find a WordPress web designer in Orlando this group is for you.
Connect with other WordPress users and web developers.
The WordPress Orlando Meetup will focus on using WordPress for blogging, business, marketing, or other informational and personal use.
- To learn from each other and to share knowledge freely.
- To create a welcoming environment for everyone - all who are willing to learn and respect those around them. WordPress Orlando believes our community should be truly open for everyone.
As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor.
Our Commitment to Members: This group will meet when we say we will meet, and strive to provide value packed information and a great experience to all that join our group. We take all suggestions under advisement, and strive to fit our Meetup tot he needs of our attendees.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this event has been postponed. I currently have it set to August 15, but that has not yet been confirmed. I will message everyone once we have an official new date.
Over the course of one day, groups of volunteers from the Orlando WordPress community will come together to plan, design, and build a new professional website for local non-profit organizations at no cost! Giving these organizations a successful online presence better enables them to expand their mission and grow their community.
If you would like to be involved in this charity hackathon, please fill out one or more of the following forms. Be sure to share with friends and co-workers too!
REGISTER AS A PARTICIPANT
BECOME A SPONSOR
We have no fixed sponsorship amounts and will accept anything from $100 and above. Please email Sam at [masked] for more info!
Please note this is an all day event. Meals, refreshments, and snacks will be provided. More details coming soon.
If you have questions, please message Sam Garner via Meetup or Slack.
You can learn more about do_action here:
* Our do_action page is live! https://doaction.org/event/orlando-2020/
* We're excited to announce that our caffeine fuel for the day will be graciously donated by Foxtail Coffee Co.
* Lunch will be catered by the Dixie Dharma food truck!
* Dinner will be catered by Black Bean Deli!
* 3/13 - Event postponed due to COVID-19. New date will be announced ASAP!
* 7/14 - A new date has not yet been confirmed but we are still working on it and looking into possible outdoor options. Thank you for your patience.
*8/17 - Full Sail announced they're not scheduling any on campus events for the rest of 2020.